white lightning cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys, this is my first post, i've been looking for my first car, and as i'm getting an apprenticeship I've been looking for a land cruiser (as they're the best) and I've found a 60 series white lightning for 5500, as I have found, these are quite rare, so doubling as a what do you think thread I would also like to share the pictures from the listing as I think some people would want them in their picture collection
more to come
cd4619771565332732155.jpg
cd4663627990718551185.jpg
cd4743503992831528562.jpg
cd4758601358855013936.jpg
cd4870760143811348309.jpg

White lightening = SWEET! (washer jug needs a lid but I shouldn't think that would be a deal breaker….) Welcome!

first up welcome to Mud, and hopefully the world of 60s,
secondly, VERY nice find, it looks in pretty good cond, just check the rain gutters for signs of rust.
engine bay looks clean, and like most 60s i know it is missing the washer bottle cap :)

on a side note i love the rims, they look like they are sunraiser outbacks

i used to run them on my old FJ62

i hope you get it for the right price :)

that would be the 40th anniversary edition?

if you're talking about the 80 I was talking about, no, it's the winter pack that came in the special edition blue (i think it came with factory ABS but that may have come factory already without the winter pack ), dad hasn't told me much and I can't bloody find much on the web about it

Welcome! Very nice croozah! Kinda jealous, except that's a chick's color scheme. Or a Sheila's, as y'all say down thar. :flipoff2:

Just busting balls! Very cool ride. :beer:

Negotiate with your dad for the 80 series, better ride on road and 7 years younger. The white lightning is really nothing special a bit like the silver series really.
Main features were:
* Released in 1989.
* Only 150 released.
* $39,329 for the petrol model and $51,600 for the diesel.
* Mechanically the same as the GX model.
* Build number plate mounted on the centre of the dash board.
* All white paint job.
* White grille.
* White fibreglass flares.
* White Bullbar.
* White 15" wheels.
* PIAA driving lights with white bodies and lense protectors.
* Leather momo steering wheel and matching gearshift knob.
* Tinted windows.
* Electric windows.
* Electric mirrors with white bodies.
* Central locking.
* Car alarm.

At $4500 it is about $1500 to much unless it is low klms one owner. (Just searched the ad and 360k klms means it is due for a gearbox /transfer case rebuild) $3000 worth a risk maybe but as a first car I would give it a miss.
It is a 3f petrol and will keep you broke on apprentice wages just putting fuel in it. (unless you are going to buy a $500 4 cylinder just for work)

Last edited:
these guys are on the money. white lightnings are a s*** attempt by some drongo in toyota australia back in the day to boost sales. buy your dads 80, its newer and you know the history.

I got to admit the only White lightnings I have seen in Perth have all been petrol powered did they ever come out in diesel??

If anyone needs a sticker kit for a White Lightning let me know. I just spent a lot of hours over 12 months getting the design right and had 3 sets done which are all ready accounted for by myself and a friend of mine but at least the hard works done. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom