What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wheeled at Big Dogs icebreaker event. Had a little quarter panel carnage but otherwise had a great time.

1430144932365.jpg

1430144955970.jpg

1430144976401.jpg

Been working on these a bit... New "sliders"... Wait, no window "sliders"....

Errrr nah...

Exo / window/ sliders / 1/4 protection.... It's just growing....

And before someone says something silly like damage multiplier its backed by a 1/4" full length backer plate inside the body panel that's then tied back down to the 3rd row mounts over the wheel tubs...

Still work to be done not final design, tacked for mock up.

View attachment 1067791
View attachment 1067788View attachment 1067789View attachment 1067790View attachment 1067799

Looks like I'm finally getting my money's worth out of that tube bender :) Nice work! Is that as far as you're going with the tubing?

Adjusted my trans kickdown cable, the lock nut had backed off and it became out of adjustment, causing some weird behaviour when coasting from 80km/h+ and a flashing O/D light on my dash. All adjuster back to spec now, pulled the dome light fuse to reset any stored codes, trans is much happier, seems to keep the engine in the powerband better and drives much peppier!

Looks like I'm finally getting my money's worth out of that tube bender :) Nice work! Is that as far as you're going with the tubing?

Ahhh ya... I owe you big time at this point.... :)

Having access to tools makes idle time dangerous or creative depending on how you look at it...

Continued my under hood refurbishment: new seals in PS pump, replaced PS and trans cooler hoses, assembled the 1FZ head and installed it. Has anyone ever used gaskets by a company called DnJ (domestic and Japanese). Trying to get OEM gaskets is a good long wait. Seems no OEM head gaskets are available in NA!!! I used this DnJ gasket kit on the suggestion of the people at Cruiserparts.net when it was three weeks since I ordered the OEM kit through them and they told me it was still on back order for two more weeks! My local dealership concurred that they could find no 1FZ head gaskets here in the USA. The gaskets I used look good but time will tell.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430165805.409303.jpg

Love the look without the roof rack! (and lurking rust) :)

Did you not try beno?

Speaking of Beno......he was down here in NE Florida last week and I had the pleasure of meeting him and having a beer together. Super nice guy AND I got to drive his bad ass 70 series!! Sweet rig and great guy.

Oh and thanks for bring down those wheels Onur!

Went to the lake
20150427_155559.jpg

Made a shelf for the back of my rig. I installed a box holder for a water can, and ran the retaining strap through the shelf and around and through the third row brackets. I'm pretty happy with it.

1430187037491.jpg

1430187063665.jpg

1430187089376.jpg

Took delivery of plastic cutting board to replace the carpet on the tailgate. Looking fwd to that.

Also got my HAM ticket (technician). Next I need to sort out my radios..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom