Retarded bird, how do I get rid of it? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star
Threads
OK, this is a weird one. I've been patient, but I've had enough, this bird needs to go.

We have a male cardinal that is attacking the side mirrors on our cars if they are parked outside. It perches on the door right in front of the mirror (either door), and flaps away, pecking at it's reflection in the mirror. It craps on the door, and is starting to leave scratches. The only solution is to put towels or grocery store bags over the mirrors, but it's getting annoying. We've tried parking the car down the driveway some, but it didn't help. This has been going on since early Spring.

We have looked and looked, we see no nests in the trees near the garage. There is a female that also appears occasionally, but just perches in the trees. Both birds frequent the feeders on the back of the house.

I've asked my wife to stop filling the feeders, but she insists it won't help. She says the stupid bird sees its reflection and thinks it's a threat.

Getting a cat is not an option. I F'n hate cats.

Any ideas?

Ruger 10-22 time...

Paper bags over the mirrors.

Well, I happen to have a 10-22. But I'm sure the neighbors wouldn't approve, neither would my wife. And my luck, I'd hit the mirror instead ($$$).

Bags over the mirrors is what we are doing now. It's a PITA.

Same thing with the semi-retired Kenworth I have to drive, but it's a flycatcher who leaves tongue spooge trying to beat up the other guy. Also the Dove who build a nest on the landing gear of a trailer and wait patiently in a tree till you bring it back to the yard. **** you not, they swoop in before the air brakes are set.:meh:

Tape some small strips of something shiny like and old mylar balloon or some tin foil around the mirror. Worked on a similarly retarded bird that would land on both of my kids window sills or worse their screens with their tiny little claws and tap tap tap away like water torture! Cut up and taped strips of an old mylar balloon to the windows and sill. Took a few days, but that dumb little fart of a bird finally went away. Good luck!!!

Duct tape with the sticky side facing up?

Just remember, it is thought that birds are actually descendants of the dinosaurs so be careful not to piss them off.
Think Jurassic Park...... :)

22 Short's, I use them for squirrels and I live in town, never had a neighbor or anyone else complain.

22 Short's, I use them for squirrels and I live in town, never had a neighbor or anyone else complain.
Thats the best idea so far, shoot the mirrors..........problem solved. :smokin:

Sure, as soon as you tell me how to shoot a bird that is perched on a window sill without breaking the glass behind it. :confused:

Sure, as soon as you tell me how to shoot a bird that is perched on a window sill without breaking the glass behind it. :confused:
I can't solve all the problems.

Put another mirror somewhere else...

I wouldn't shoot the bird. All songbirds are protected by the federal Migratory Bird Treaty (in addition to any state laws), so shooting it could be a federal offense if one of your neighbors saw you and turned you in. Bummer that the bird won't leave your mirrors alone, he must be pretty self-absorbed...

Ya could tape a mouse trap to the mirror :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom