Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like to take the rocker assembly apart and clean the shaft the arms rotate on, it all cleans up really easily. They look good though.

Put it back together and do a valve adjustment .05 more than the hot clearances.

I like to take the rocker assembly apart and clean the shaft the arms rotate on, it all cleans up really easily. They look good though.

Put it back together and do a valve adjustment .05 more than the hot clearances.

Thanks for the feedback/tips. I keep looking at the valves and I'm like...**** it, i'll just replace everything even though I'm dumping the motor shortly. The insanity of this build might eventually put me on meds. . .

And not to mention - those fcuking wires. . .if I only knew how to rewire, the entire truck would be done for no other reason aside from I can't stand the way their ragged asses look!

Spending time and money on an engine you plan to replace is a bit irrational, Shane. Tune it up, replace the belts, clean it up and move on. Start thinking of the new engine. Maybe even order TLC's V Rod kit to get you focused on the next step.

The wiring can be cleaned up to look nearly new. I pulled the entire harnes and scrubbed it with a brush and a degreasing cleaner, avoiding getting excess water in the fuse panel. After letting everything dry completely, I went over every inch and repaired any problems. Then I removed and rewrapped any loose tape. I added conduit in places and either integrated or created new bundles for the new systems I added. In the end it looks OK and has been problem free. Spend some time re routing it to clean up the lines and use quality Thomas and Betts Tywraps to hold it firm.

It doesn't have to be new to be good. Plus, there are no aftermarket wiring solutions for the 60's. IMO the Painless products are not better than repaired OEM. Future trouble shooting will be much easier if the wire colors match the FSM.

Last edited:
Replacing interior engine parts on a temporary is simply moronic. In this instance there is no point even if you were keeping the 2F. Take one of those rocker arms of and spray some brake cleaner on it, it will look like new.

Not sure if you follow my thread or not but I'm almost done rebuilding a 3FE that I inten on keeping for a long time and I didn't replace that s***.

Spend your money on something cool that you won't completely forget about.

Belts, gaskets of stuff that you have off, fluids and mess with the carb a little. Call it a day.

Spending time and money on an engine you plan to replace is a bit irrational, Shane. Tune it up, replace the belts, clean it up and move on. Start thinking of the new engine. Maybe even order TLC's V Rod kit to get you focused on the next step.

I keep trying to tell him this every time we talk. Really. I do. :meh:

Beno is part therapist in this case....I know the patient...very, very tough case for Beno. :cheers:

Brah hahaha...Cahkfaggs...driving & rescuing women & children at the moment. Replies to follow shortly:)

No, seriously, I was really rescuing a woman and her child:

Video:

That was the scene after I got the mom/baby to high ground (<2 mins).

Video:

And that's the little bugger - left to find his own path in life. And yes, he was totally unfazed by the fireworks display.

Then helped a good friend of mine R&R part of his 40 yr old shed. . .and gonna expand it tomorrow:

And a cold beer from the porch:

No, seriously, I was really rescuing a woman and her child:

Video:

That was the scene after I got the mom/baby to high ground (<2 mins).

Video:

And that's the little bugger - left to find his own path in life. And yes, he was totally unfazed by the fireworks display.

Great job Shane...

Sorry but I have to...............................

J

And rec'd this from a certain someone:

So, did some major wrench turning on my vehicle (and yes, all by myself. . .sans a lot of technical help):

Replaced the hood release cable & hood lock:

Pulled the heater valve, destroyed the hose - will call Onur to see if still available:

Decided WTF, pulled the fan shroud and thing-ma-giggy bracket - will get both PC'd:

Getting her on the rack to start the front suspension change (OME heavy +, 4Plus flip kit, new steering components:

On the lift & getting the suspension removed:

Then started work on the steering components:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom