What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

curious if anyone from toyota maybe Beno can chime in what the techs do at the dealerships with these KDSS valves; especially in the rust belt zones

Mine was stubborn. Does the whole unit come out? I did not want to force it.

Wow....I'd blame Obama for half that crap. Kudos to you for staying with it.

thanks-obama-01.gif

wonder if all the control arm bushings should be loosened and then re tightened post lift to their new "neutral" position.
Never gave a thought to the inner control arm bushings. jowett??

What have i done? installed standard height hd king rear springs which gave me about half an inch of lift over stock.
I am running a full icon setup, all that was missing is rear springs. I am happy with the result. Tomorrow I am taking her on a road trip to the UAE around 5/6 hours away. Should be fun.

20150226_110822.jpg

20150226_113335-1.jpg

And it does not look safe.

It was a lot more stable than it looked. Even with the KDSS bracket unbolted from the lower arm, I couldn't get it to release from it's little pocket, so I just said screw it and torqued the sway bar with the jack. All is good. Once I figured out to jack the lower arm down, the first side went smooth and the passenger side was a breeze - of sorts.

Guess I need to renew my hunting license.

Luckily it was a small one this time. Rolled up around the headlight then plopped down in front of the truck.

So, who wants to guess how much damage was done?

Foglight mount and mount in bumper broken (I just replaced that last year after it took a rock offroad), headlight cracked, parking sensor not working. Dont see any sheetmetal damage but its dark and cold.

Good eatin'! :grinpimp:

Man, that sucks!

It was a lot more stable than it looked. Even with the KDSS bracket unbolted from the lower arm, I couldn't get it to release from it's little pocket, so I just said screw it and torqued the sway bar with the jack. All is good. Once I figured out to jack the lower arm down, the first side went smooth and the passenger side was a breeze - of sorts.

You would have to loosen the lower control arm bolts at frame. Control arm bushing are really tight that is why is not easy to move it up or down. loosen them avoids using the jack to increase the distance to install the longer coilover or shocks.

Washed the rig yesterday (much needed) and took the wife out on a date (much more needed). As we ate lunch I observed a newer white 200 with blacked out 18's pull up to my rig, park and study my rig for five minutes then drive off. As the driver passed the window we were sitting by I saw he was smiling and still looking in his rearview at my rig. I told my wife "see, I told you its badass". Guess there will be another lifted 200 in Louisville sooner or later. It's the small things in life that can make you feel good - thanks man

I watched my wife scuff our White Knuckle sliders

IMAG0907.jpg

She just sent me this. Bedliner (herculiner 3rd coat) is a mess.

2015-03-02.jpg

Any lady that coats her man sliders is a good woman.

No pun intended

Nice.

Man, the prices are all over the place on these things. I paid $150 a wheel, and I know Arich just paid around $100 per wheel, IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom