200 series picture thread (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ah ok just curious about the hit on the roof; seems like no jageded edge maybe that giant rock in the background? seems maybe a something more rounds? its pushed dow pretty low so it must be a good amount of force. I always am interested in these crash pics cause nothing simulates real world crash scenarios.

Water is heavy.

Thanks man. I appreciate your kind words. Its a good feeling seeing all the research and parts come together to fruition.

I saw a Amazon Green 200 about 7 years ago in downtown Chattanooga, TN. I had never even thought about a 200 before. I was a 40 guy. But, when I saw how beautiful the green was, I immediately fell in love.

@MScruiser That is how a REAL Land Cruiser should look stock from the factory . The green really looks good in your part of the world. Digging the retro yellow fogs/wheels/lift, all of it.
Looks great. My concern is how the full travel in Kdss would work with full compression on a turn while off roading with this set up. I mean it looks great but I'm afraid you would be not only rubbing but nearly binding. I'd like bigger tires but in serious off roading I think you may have to be smaller. What are your thoughts?

Dude, don't post a cruiser pic in the dog pic thread!
New here.. how about a cruiser AND a dog in the dog thread? :] Dog is Pico, 7 yo German Shorthaired Pointer and all around commander of crazy!
IMG_5508.JPG

Looks great. My concern is how the full travel in Kdss would work with full compression on a turn while off roading with this set up. I mean it looks great but I'm afraid you would be not only rubbing but nearly binding. I'd like bigger tires but in serious off roading I think you may have to be smaller. What are your thoughts?
That'd be a great question for Christo to answer if he would be so kind to do so. He should have enough wheel time to give us a fair report. I have yet to take mine on anything other than farm / wooded trails and messing around in the snow - no serious Flexing / up or down travel to speak of.

BTUMAN, I can't say as I have not been flexing, but there are a number of people that have had their 200 built with Slee's 35" recipe, Tom B, among others have had nothing but great things to say about the off road capabilities of the setup. Cristo seems to really have faith in it, and if he does, than so do I. Time will tell how it does though. I will keep the site updated with what I find out.

Here's a picture I stole from Slee, showing how the 35s flex.
10409389_894315233926580_8701878232242752756_n.jpg

Last edited:
Extreme Grocery Getter

Next to a stock 570
8dd60082-9653-413c-aeba-f0c089dd79a8_zpsjenpvocj.jpg

Its a monster next to a Jeep TJ
5546dc2b-171b-4fd9-8cba-80e52ab7f11b_zps5ws0bh4o.jpg

BTUMAN, I can't say as I have not been flexing, but there are a number of people that have had their 200 built with Slee's 35" recipe, Tom B, among others have had nothing but great things to say about the off road capabilities of the setup. Cristo seems to really have faith in it, and if he does, than so do I. Time will tell how it does though. I will keep the site updated with what I find out.

Here's a picture I stole from Slee, showing how the 35s flex.
10409389_894315233926580_8701878232242752756_n.jpg

I was with Cristo when that picture was taken. I think I was just in front or behind in last years Summit. It was rubbing pretty good then as he and I checked it out. I believe he said he was still working on the offsets. He's in Mexico this week. I'll have to ping him and see if he has all the bugs worked out. He was also designing a diff drop.

Offset is of course critical, but eventually there will not be enough room. There are two option I've been mulling over for a while now. The first is to try and design a custom high clearance link arm for the KDSS. The second, are Tundra control arms, they have several benefits. They move everything out 1.75" per side, which will help clear all those parts. Wheel travel increase is very close to 12". The bad, I doubt any 35 will clear the fenders with that set up… anybody for some nicely done high clearance fenders?

Chop chop - who's first?

I'd be interested to see what that may look like.

Um yeah...Willy, you go ahead and do that, and tell me how it goes. :)

I'll do a body lift before I cut fenders!

I'd have to be higher than eagle snatch to do that to my beloved rig. I'd still like to see how that looks though

295/70/18. Nitto. 34". Might sneak in.

@BTUMAN , I looked back at a previous thread, and saw where Slee commented on the 200 outfitted with 35s. He stated that there is rubbing during full articulation in the rear, but he then goes on to say that he attributes this to the fact that the 200 was using prototype HD lower control links from a 100 series, that were slightly longer than stock. So, its possible that it may not rub quite as much with the OE lower control links.

@BTUMAN , I looked back at a previous thread, and saw where Slee commented on the 200 outfitted with 35s. He stated that there is rubbing during full articulation in the rear, but he then goes on to say that he attributes this to the fact that the 200 was using prototype HD lower control links from a 100 series, that were slightly longer than stock. So, its possible that it may not rub quite as much with the OE lower control links.
get out there and flex that thing up and let's see what happens!

Oh how I dream of 35's.

However, new Nitto TG G2's in 285/65/18 will have to do for now.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425148458.779491.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425148476.931865.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425148524.185661.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1425148584.974777.jpg

Just a tad noisier than the Cooper pigs that were on it when I purchased. I just conveniently "forgot" to rotate them until the wife noticed that something looked different and BANG! No repercussions for dropping 12 hundo on fresh rubber since you know, safety and all. ;)

Sent from my extremely unreliable mobile device using IH8MUD Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom