FJ25 Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

is there a parker store down there? they make all kinds of lines...that's who put a new hose in my old brake line ends and recrimped them.

Doesn't appear there is http://www.mccoysales.com/parker-store-locations.html At least today we have the internet, Early nineties your using a phone book and paying long distance to make the call. There was no such think as a tracking number so when it's doesn't arrive your back on the phone. Only to have the vendor tell you it's in the mail.

Has anyone checked with Toyota lately to be sure these are NLA?

You just need a curio cabinet with NOS ones in it... :) Pretty cool they stamped TEQ into the smallest parts. All the FJ25 lug nuts are stamped TEQ

935753_10151571588200743_1282743151_n.jpg

1454935_10152037271035743_119148431_n.jpg

i believe i checked with cdan a couple years ago when i did annie...i'll check my notes.

EDIT: thought i'd kept the emails of what was and wasn't available. i did get it from sor, which makes me think they were nla

Last edited:
Guess I need to polish these up and put some lights on them.:hmm:

IMG_0635.JPG

Merry Christmas everyone or is it Happy Holidays. Nope sometimes you just can't be PC Merry Christmas.:cheers:

Christmas ain't about the bling.:cool:

Now a rusty broken reindeer on a trailer full of scrapped cruiser parts in the rain.........that's the spirit. :hillbilly:

Have a great Christmas everyone! :bounce::bounce2:
20141223_165507.jpg

I didn't have the heart to put out our reindeer ... His head no longer lights :)

And he's rusty and his head no longer moves... I think it's time to put him down :)

Christmas is HERE!

Let the disfunction begin ... Lol

It will be a Christmas miracle if nobody has a meltdown! Me included :meh:

Merry Christmas everybody!

I didn't have the heart to put out our reindeer ... His head no longer lights :)

And he's rusty and his head no longer moves... I think it's time to put him down :)

Rudy's rump was out......until I had him perched on the scrap. He just quit.

Speaking of which, since my name is now at the top of the section, my early new year resolution is to be a tad more active here. First order of business will to be to clean up the "count" and update the "project" sticky thread. Open to suggestions as well...

Had some time off so been working on the 45 rebuilding the front end. Drove the 25 today to chase parts.......ran like crap. Need to split the tractor to find out why the clutch is dragging. Typical vacation week.

At least my grandson Chris is big enough to do some serious wrenching.
20141228_110804.jpg

20141228_110842.jpg

Finished the bearings and brakes in the 45 rear and dove into the tractor. Isn't this just the cutest little clutch you've ever seen? Turned out to be a dragging pilot bearing.
20150103_141657.jpg
20150103_195428.jpg

Looks like school is back in session, JohnnyC is posting again:hmm::rolleyes: It must be nice to have a helper.:clap: But it appears he only works on Land Cruisers not Fords, smart kid.:rolleyes:

My best chance at a helper left as quickly as it came. My youngest was going to move into a condo with in a stone throw. We even bought a 4Runner for her to drive. She was renting a car by the week. We went up north over Thanksgiving thinking by the time we came back she would be moved in. We come back only to find out she found a new love and won't be moving in after all.:bang: So no helper (her nine year old son) and first trip four wheeling with the 4Runner I came back with a bad outer CV joint and oil leak. Turns out CV axles for these are cheap:bounce: and the oil leak turned out to be a loose oil filter from the last numbskull who changed it.:mad: Never mind the numbskull comment I remembered who changed the oil.:rolleyes: A E-locker and second set of larger, more aggressive tires are needed, then it will be fine for type of four wheeling I like to do. It does make you wonder last summer I almost bought a 77 FJ40 that needed to be restored including some rust repair. That was almost double the price. Only reason I didn't get it was lucky for me someone else beat me there. It's a sickness I'm working to overcome. On the 4Runner I replaced the aftermarket radio with factory amp and head unit I already had. Repaired the wiring in the front door speakers, PO replaced them with something aftermarket and did a poor job wiring. Stereo now sounds great. Only real problem I could find it is the convertor for the trailer lights is bad. Even the power antenna works. So I would have paid twice as much to have another project that would sit instead of already driver. Why is that again? Because I have a small case of OCD:rolleyes: little things that won't bother most people I am able to go to a junk yard and find cheap.:bounce2: I believe it was n the nineties when FJ40 parts dried up in junk yards. Guess I'm lucky I was able to secure just a few parts for my early cruisers.:rolleyes: I guess when I sell off these projects the next owners will have most the parts needed.:bang:

@Living in the Past

I believe this was your field of work at one time :)

Had a constant drip from the flange to the pump... Cleaned it up... Ground away the rust ... Installed a new seal...

Now I have a new drip :(

In the second to last pic is the relief valve? And the down pipe from this is dripping ... About one small drip every two minutes or so

I tried snapping it open and closed.... And also taped on the outside with a small wood mallet... But still seems to be dripping

Will it stop?

It's nowhere close to the 30lbs that it should open... Maybe rust speck causing a bit of a drip?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

is that a T/P (temperature/pressure) valve or just a pressure valve. I don't see any insulation on the pipes. Is this a hot water boiler? If it is did it start leaking when you repaired the pump flange? water cooling off could possible cause that. May get lucky and it stop leaking after a while. I'm surprised to see a pipe just end at the floor. Here it would have piped to a drain or outside. I haven't changed a T/P valve in a while but don't remember how must they but guessing not that much. Last picture shows the automatic air bleed. Is that leaking also? I take it that is not potable water. Not sure if that is Bell & Gosset pump or just a look alike. The ones for potable water are bronze color. If that flange starts leak again I would replace the flange threaded to the pipe. Looks lie it distorted from over tightening.

Right on all counts I think... The pump is a BG ... No insulation on pipes as we have a half finished basement and the little extra radiant heat from the pipes is ok :)

Yes hot water baseboard heat...

Yes started dripping after the flange fix

The pipe does end at the floor... But... I think it is a common thing for our area as all the homes I see have the same ... However some homes do have dirt floors :)

The air bleeds (I have two) were both seaping ... But... The lower one stoped and upper one seems to have stopped as well after awhile

Not potable... Didn't drain the whole system ...

Yes again in the flange being distorted ... I used a large washer to increase the surface area the bolts were compressing against... The grease monkey that originally replaced the pump used small bolts that bent it ...I Bent it back some

I have a new flange... But... Could not get the old off ... There was some yelling at it... But ... It didn't scare it off ... Wire wheeled and ground down the one on it... Seal is good now :)

If I run into an issue again I got another seal ready to go as well LOL

I was thinking to use heat... But... I have that at school for a project a student was doing... Would that work best to get it off?

I tried snapping it open and closed....

And it closed again? Lucky man. Reliefs don't normally move off the seat so they usually go on leaking once they do. You may want to replace for safety sake if it's never been done. The automatic air release has crap in it. When you know you're done with everything fill and let them do their thing, bleed off pressure but don't drain, and clean them out last. You can unthread the top cap and the guts come out like a cartridge. Usually find these with the bleeder tightened down........not very automatic that way.

0* here and loading the wood stove at 4 am.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom