Looking for a 70 series in Southern California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bhicks

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I make TEQ badges for different model LandCruisers and over the last few months I have had a few requests to make one for a 70 series. If you want to see my TEQ badges so you have an idea on what I'm talking about feel free to look at my website www.bh3dprinting.com I have done some research and found a few different grilles that were put on the 70 series. the one that has gotten the most requests is the one below. I guess this thread is a two part question. Is there anyone in socal that has the grille? I would need access to it for about 20 minutes to pull dimensions from it. It doesn't even need to be removed. The 2nd question would be; is there any interest out there in the US or international for a TEQ badge for the 70 series?. Here's the grille.

So there is nobody in Socal with a 70 series? I would be willing to drive a bit. If someone NOT local would be willing to ship me their grill, I would toss in a free TEQ badge (installed) and cover the cost to ship the grill and badge back.

Absolutely! Something that slots in right in front of the armrest unit on the floor would be perfect.

That is definitely something I can do, but once again I need the center console to work off of. If someone would loan me their center console then I would be happy to make them a cupholder and ship it all back for free. Can someone post some interior pics of the dash and center console so I have an idea what this project will look like.

Your going to have to educate me on the "Hino" emblem. That is a new one for me.

Hino is the Toyota subsidiary that builds its trucks and diesel engines. The current Hino emblem looks similar to the current Toyota emblem.

Are you close to Spector? They might let you measure a grill.
For the cupholder - you better consider the whole truck as the tranny hump might throw you off.
Peter

Hino is the Toyota subsidiary that builds its trucks and diesel engines. The current Hino emblem looks similar to the current Toyota emblem.

Any pictures of what it looks like?

Are you close to Spector? They might let you measure a grill.
For the cupholder - you better consider the whole truck as the tranny hump might throw you off.
Peter

Where is Spector? I'm near Big Bear. I just had a 70 owner here in socal contact me about the grill. I will probably pull a ton of dimensions off the center console, dash, and tranny hump to get started on that project since I will already be pulling dimensions from the grill.

So it is looking the grill I originally pictured is not even a US spec 70 series. Is there anyone out there in the US with the exact grill pictured above?

That grill is from a prado light duty Land Cruiser. They are not common and that model is only available to the US this year.

Most 70 series in the US are pre-1990 so their grill is flat expanded steel. It's the post 1990 grills that get more complicated, and flimsy I might add.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422579782.280769.jpg

For comparison:

Post 1990 heavy duty land cruiser grill. Early ones say toyota but the design is the same.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422580623.917895.jpg

So the 70 series grill that actually reads "TOYOTA" that is NOT on the expanded metal backing is quite rare in the US. I guess I will can that particular TEQ badge. If there IS one or two common US spec 70 series grills and you guys want a TEQ badge for it then please let me know.

if you buy the entire package of stuff how much would you want for just the grill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom