What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How did the Trail Grapplers do in the snow?

Steenh, were those the TRDs that were on the ATL Craigslist for a week or so for $1800?

They were… he was about 10 miles from me so it all worked out pretty well. Got a good deal too… just have more rubber than I need at the moment.

That's a heck of a good deal

Not a damn thing but nice f12 though. I like my cruiser better honestly.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422480811.678259.jpg

Just put Piaa Yellow Ion bulbs in the fogs. The headlights are 4200K HID (which don't look blue) and I removed the silly little parking bulb. I couldn't find a color that looked good and they serve no purpose as far as I can tell.
Tough to capture the colors of headlights. Are they any better than stock? Nope. I think the factory fogs are useless. I'd love to find a rectangular LED that would fit that location.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422574363.647694.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1422574377.817958.jpg

Oh BTW the KO2s are best tires I've had in the snow short of a dedicated snow tire like a Blizzak.

I love those fogs! Can you post a link, or a part numbers for the headlights and foglights?

I have always been on the lookout for some JDM yellow bulbs, but have been coming up empty handed. I ended up using lamin-ex over the lenses.

I am not bulb savvy, so can you explain the headlights? Did you have to replace the ballasts to run HIDs?

PIAA ion yellow bulbs:
PIAA 13506 HB Plasma Ion Yellow - Hb Plasma Ion Yellow 55=110W, Twin Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H3WZJY/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_l73Yub0QTFD3N
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H3WZJY/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_l73Yub0QTFD3N

For the HIDs I replaced the bulb and obviously added a ballast. Search Kensun H11 on Amazon. The kit is only about $70. I know that cheap but I've had a set on the 100 for 5 years and the 200 for 2 years with no issues.
I know, you're not "supposed" to put HID bulbs in reflector housings but I went with 4300K color which look whiter than stock but are not true white or blue ( like every Honda Civic). I have adjusted them downward so I don't blind anyone. They're so much better without being obnoxious. Another reason I went with the 4300 color is to not draw unwanted attention.
No bulb is going to come close to factory German or Japanese HIDs but it was so hard to go from driving the BMW HIDs one night to Halogens the next.
I would consider a 2013+ just for the lights!!!!
Here's my next project to replace the factory fogs:
http://www.piaa.com/led.htm

Last edited:
Thanks. Great write-up too.

Oh BTW the KO2s are best tires I've had in the snow short of a dedicated snow tire like a Blizzak.
I agrees best tires I have ever had in the snow!

Monica new rims.jpg

Now those are some rims that POP!!!

new rims and some new gears....

time for some "testing" in 3...2...1...... we have launch!!!
Monica launch.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom