Builds Introducing Oliver (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love my 1/4 eliptical on the 60 ;)

kinda old school, links with some less expensive coil overs pretty close?

It was more for packaging than anything else. Fitting coilovers with a 2.5" lift on the back of a FJ60 would be complex.

I use one of these radiator guards
http://www.bcbroncos.com/cooling08.html
279842496.jpg

279842496.jpg
279842496.jpg

why not just ue the centered 52" chevies? they were centered from the factory. There are multiple options for centered leaf springs tho. (kinda after the point but)

leaf_springs.png

This is an awesome reference right here. Thanks Mace :cheers:

I swapped in the chevy springs today and it looks like there'll be a huge difference in ride quality. They still have a good flex, but are firmer in action and more robust in construction than the Dakota leafs. I'll build the front springs tomorrow and take some pics.
I also got the radiator pulled in preparation for the new one. It looks like I'll be keeping the waterpump that is in place, but use a flexilite glass/nylon fan in place of the steel oem piece. I'm also going to find a way to stiffen the upper portion of the radiator to limit radiator flex.

I didn't look back, al or brass radiator?

I'm curious why you need to strengthen the radiator?

Be careful, too rigid and it'll leak over time

I finished swapping out springs today. It looks like a possible 1/2 inch increase in ride height, but things need to settle before I know for sure.
The body is definitely firmer in regards to spring rate which was the intended effect. I'll know for sure after the new radiator arrives and I have a chance to drive around a bit.
To recap; I added one full leaf with mil wraps cut off into each front leaf pack, and swapped in the re-centered 56" chevy springs in the rear.

1419031910661.jpg

1419031923700.jpg

1419031938247.jpg

I picked up an NP205 this morning (a huge thanks to Esh for the hook up on that) and will either be going to an NWF titan/ 205 combo or their 203/205 kit.
All of this is in preparation for switching over to a 60/ 14 bolt combo. As much as I like the Toyota axles, I like having the reassurance that the strength of the one ton stuff offers.
This next chapter in the Oliver build will take some time as I just don't have the free time to work on things right now.

New radiator, fan, spacer, belts and overflow installed today. I moved the radiator support towards the front bib by 1/2" to give some extra clearance from the fan and center the fan in the shroud.

1420852899122.jpg

1420852916331.jpg

1420852930232.jpg

One final piece of my chapter in Oliver's book is the replacement of the spool for a spartan locker. The new owner is deployed and part of our agreement was my installing the new part. I'm not doing a full write up because these things are simple, but I am including photos.

1421708153313.jpg

1421708168716.jpg

1421708185103.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom