What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great looking group, Hotty Toddy

Townsend, TN.

It was beautiful this time of the year.

Here is a very poor quality picture I took with my phone. There happened to be another 200 series there, and a 2000 4-Runner.
unnamed_zps487916f6.jpg

Put on my Sliders!!! Not to bad, I did a self install. Spent half the day tracking down tools! But the actual time was probably 5 hours. I didn't know that a 17/32nd Drill bit was so hard to find, not at home depot or lowes. Had to go to a dedicated tool shop to get the bit. Good idea to have a dremel tool handy as well.
IMG_0016.JPG

Put on my Sliders!!! Not to bad, I did a self install. Spent half the day tracking down tools! But the actual time was probably 5 hours. I didn't know that a 17/32nd Drill bit was so hard to find, not at home depot or lowes. Had to go to a dedicated tool shop to get the bit. Good idea to have a dremel tool handy as well.View attachment 968185

Looks good. Those are on the top of my list. Does Slee stock them or is there lead time?

I think he usually stocks a few, I actually had to wait 6 weeks to get mine made though. I believe Christo had a few made in conjunction with mine, so he should have some on hand

Rando Kuruza,

Totally off topic, but is that your garage floor in the pic? Looks real clean, is it simply colored concrete or some epoxy coating? Will be building a new garage early next year, so looking for some ideas.

Rando Kuruza,

Totally off topic, but is that your garage floor in the pic? Looks real clean, is it simply colored concrete or some epoxy coating? Will be building a new garage early next year, so looking for some ideas.

It is an epoxy floor, It's actually Valspar from lowes. I did the entire garage for about 300 buck including everything needed for cleaning/prepping the floor, buying anti slip sand, and extra flakes.

I flip homes as a side job and have used the epoxy products from Lowes to add to the "look" of the garage floors and have been happy. I actually went to visit a house that I did 10 years ago and it is still holding up with no peeling!

To get a good Bond I clean the heck out of the floor! it that is the #1 thing to focus on! I also let it cure for 2 weeks... Professionals usually charge $7 -$10 a square foot. While theirs do look better and is suppose to be more durable, for 300 bucks if I need to redo some spots i'm still way ahead in money.

It is an epoxy floor, It's actually Valspar from lowes. I did the entire garage for about 300 buck including everything needed for cleaning/prepping the floor, buying anti slip sand, and extra flakes.

I flip homes as a side job and have used the epoxy products from Lowes to add to the "look" of the garage floors and have been happy. I actually went to visit a house that I did 10 years ago and it is still holding up with no peeling!

To get a good Bond I clean the heck out of the floor! it that is the #1 thing to focus on! I also let it cure for 2 weeks... Professionals usually charge $7 -$10 a square foot. While theirs do look better and is suppose to be more durable, for 300 bucks if I need to redo some spots i'm still way ahead in money.

Thank you for the info! Will give that a try when it's ready. Perhaps I will need to let the new concrete floor cure before applying this?

I just did exactly what you are gonna be doing.

Manufacturers normally say let it cure 30 days. I let my new slab cure for 60, and did not drive on it or store anything in the shop.

Took a whole weekend to properly install the epoxy. Acid wash, first coat, second coat, then poly coat.

I used UCoatIt based on a friends recommendation, and it was awesome. Still is. Couldn't be happier with my shop floor. The poly coat makes it look like glass, and it's soft to the touch.

http://www.ucoatit.com/ucoat-with-ugloss-af/

Hauled this little beast 400 miles on Saturday and the truck did great. Sucked a ton of gas but silky smooth on the road.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416785593.202019.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416785613.221094.jpg

I just did exactly what you are gonna be doing.

Manufacturers normally say let it cure 30 days. I let my new slab cure for 60, and did not drive on it or store anything in the shop.

Took a whole weekend to properly install the epoxy. Acid wash, first coat, second coat, then poly coat.

I used UCoatIt based on a friends recommendation, and it was awesome. Still is. Couldn't be happier with my shop floor. The poly coat makes it look like glass, and it's soft to the touch.

http://www.ucoatit.com/ucoat-with-ugloss-af/

Looked at the website looks nice... We are at the house we are in for 2 years the next house we are going to buy will probably do an epoxy floor as well maybe I will try the ucoatit :)

Put on my Sliders!!! Not to bad, I did a self install. Spent half the day tracking down tools! But the actual time was probably 5 hours. I didn't know that a 17/32nd Drill bit was so hard to find, not at home depot or lowes. Had to go to a dedicated tool shop to get the bit. Good idea to have a dremel tool handy as well.View attachment 968185

BTW.. sorry for getting the topic off track/chat.. the Sliders do look nice along with BFs. Got my build/mod excel sheet going now and don't even have a Cruiser yet. :)

Upgraded interior to leds. 2nd row are single and not the multiple which needs to be changed and got a too large festoon in the cargo which needs changing.
20141127_195552.jpg

Resi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom