ACC Not "The Fall Gathering" Gathering Oct 10-12 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine hasn't been washed in like 2 years, why start now. :smokin:

Yeah bro!!

No leaking from the lines right?

Nope, all good. I checked it a couple times on the ride back. Dried right up from the heat.

Thanks a ton for the clamps, gonna go ahead and change out the rest, may even go ahead and replace all the soft lines too, just to be sure.

After the rains yesterday in the ATL area, I was able to get underneath my rig and see the damage.

Total damage:

1. DS tail light
2. Body dents etc. (par for course)
3. Rear driveshaft is candy-caned. (ouch... in all the rain, I forgot to take out the new OEM shaft for road use I had on her and put my wheeling shaft on).

Overall, a good trip!

Thanks again to the great team at ACC.

:cheers:

Haven't washed mine yet either. Liz has been driving it the last couple of days in the rain so hopefully that helped knock some of the mud off. I did pop the dent out of the front bumper. Damage was there (obviously) and the left tail light. Tail light still works bit the lens is cracked. All in all about $150 worth of parts to replace the tail light and secure the bumper (retainer is broken). For a sloppy weekend at GMP, I'll take it. Could have been much worse.

IMG_2090.JPG

Crushed driver side rocker (Looking for a slider that sits high enough to block it from view)

Bent both rear lower control arms (No problem, was planning on going Metaltech or Landtank anyway)

Broke winch line (New synthetic 7/16 on way from Southeast Overland)

Broke hinges on fridge (I'm an idiot and didn't secure it. I need to source a new metal hinge)

Bent one of my rear light brackets from Yodatech. Vice and BFH got it back close enough

I sure do wish you guys wouldn't have left me and the 100 behind so I could have been in on winchfest 2014.

Not;)

I see Sam's Runner headed down the same road as Dan's GX.

I ended up with my first official dent. PS rear quarter, but somehow managed to not damage the marker light or tail-light.

Also found that 2 of the clamps on my rear heat had all but disintegrated causing a pair of leaks, thanks to @beno for the butt saving clamps.

Overall I made it out relatively un-scathed.

Maybe I'll build one of these 80 buggies that @Sam Stewart is speaking of. I mean I keep hearing it always starts with a single dent....

When is the Smoking gun family reunion? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom