New addition, 85 FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSC04035.jpg

DSC04036.jpg

DSC04037.jpg

DSC04038.jpg

DSC04039.jpg

DSC04041.jpg

DSC04042.jpg

Do I need this between the perch and pack?

DSC04043.jpg

D

MMMM burly. Got 2/3 of my shock mounts, 63" swap kit, and u bolts/plates.

DSC04046.jpg

Also got some overloads from Randall. Thanks buddy.

D

Well I guess my faith in usps has been restored. Was on the verge of calling and trying to track down the missing ruff stuff box and then, BAM, it shows up yesterday. Nice.

Also got around to putting new bearings races and seal in the ds front hub. I noticed some unhealthy grinding noises when I swapped the ice racing tires on, outer bearing was dry as hell and only lubricated by some mysterious orange powder lol. Inner still had lots of grease but I replaced it anyways. Wasnt too bad to take everything apart, besides the rocket science slinky spring (D60)(thanks Ker and Pete). Stoopid locknuts took a while to figure out too, goddam pin. At least I didnt put the nut on backwards and fawk said pin right up..... lol.

Now its back to planning the leaf swap with maybe a little sidetrack to repack the ps hub. Dont think itll need new bearings (fingers crossed).

D

Yeah all rs stuff. The pile contains the 63" swap kit (shackles pearches), top plates, u bolts and shock mounts x6. They make some really nice stuff man.

D

The disease kicked in again...... dammit!

A fourty came up for sale locally a week or so ago and I figured it wouldnt be a bad idea to take a look at it....

A test drive and 1800$ later I had a plow truck lol. Its a canadian 1969, 6cyl gas, 4spd tractor like machine with a working plow. Dude had it parked w/o starting it for a month or two and it fired right up after some creative choke work (roughly -15 today). He was using it to plow his and his neighbors driveways since 06, otherwise it sat.

IMG283_zps7bbb8cf8.jpg

Gonna start a thread in the fourty series section..

D

On pause while the mouldy green bastard steals all my time/money. Please stand by.

D

Went campin last weekend and had to negotiate a tight twisty trail with some leaning/fallen trees. Whats the opposite of a hotdog down a hallway? lol. Crinkled the roof gutters a little on both sides otherwise no damage, if you ignore the ten million scratches.

Motor sounds kinda cool when I spaz out (was a long assed day).

The tree was dead so dont go all eco nazi.....

http://youtu.be/9-4AmMl-Lw8

D

My buddy Sam held his rock crawl comp last weekend. No out of towners showed so we got all the locals to run the courses. Had a blast even though the weather was crappy, nice bbq rounded out the day.

http://youtu.be/qANagQsR6pU
http://youtu.be/qti0Iyx_0Qs
http://youtu.be/W5dteAIu1Q8
http://youtu.be/_tSNkMCmihQ
http://youtu.be/PTsBATRt83g

Traded my 63" chev spring swap stuff for a tube bender this summer sooo... my new ome rear springs showed up the other day, dont think theyll get put on till the spring seeing as we got our first light snow fall last night. Almost time to put the van away for another long winter. My stocker rears are taking a beating since Ive been wheeling fully loaded for camping a lot lately, hoping these "dual rate" omes can handle more weight. Also hoping they dont give too much lift..

Thats prolly all she wrote for this season unless the weather holds out till my next weekend off which I doubt.

D

Not much goin on with the 60 this summer, went wheeling all of 4 times if you include the rock crawls lol. I did manage to get out the last 2 weekends so that was cool. Couple few more dents and scratches but otherwise its holding up great.

The 40 is at my buddies gettting wired up so the 60 has been in the garage the last little while. Takin a bit of time to tidy it up a little and whatnot, even made some decent lookin gussets yesterday that still have to be welded on. Maybe a few tubes will get thrown at it if I get motivated, been thinkin about a partial exo around the back 1/3 of the van. Maybe removable... just something to take small hits and tree rubs that doubles as a rack??..

Winched up the last part in the first vid. There was a ledge at the top that screwed me and a drop off on the pass side that fawked with my head lol.

D

Last edited:
Sounds awesome, looks awesome, damn dog :lol:

Thanks, im in northern ontario 4 hrs from toronto.

D

Been dickin around with the 60 lately since the 40 is at my buddies place for the winter. threw some holy gussets onto the front bumper, new ome dakar leaf packs went on in the rear, and I finally dug into the atlas xfer to see whats goin on with that.

The ome leafs are the cs004rb ones that ome guy recommended would be the closest to stock. Ended up with 1 to 1.25" of lift in the rear but Im hoping itll settle a bit with use. Had to use the forward most hole in the ruff stuff leaf pearch on the axle since for some reason the center hole which was previously used with the stocker 60 leafs would have pushed the axle too far forward. Drilled another hole in the u bolt plate and all was good. Other than that I managed to strip one of the ome anti inversion greasable shackle studs at the frame mount so it got pounded out and replaced with uhmw bushing sleeves, poly bushings and a regular nut and bolt. Kinda tempted to grab a matching set of front leaf packs now.

Had a bad sounding clunk come from my transfer case 2 wheeling trips ago while climbing a slick hill with a ledge at the top. Next time out I was getting a slight grinding sound when the front was in high. Wouldnt do it under power and I still had front drive but when i let off the gas it sounded like I was shifting without the clutch, you know the sound. Still had front and rear low gear and rear high works mint. So I adjusted the shifter linkage which was loose at the shift rods and drained the case. After taking the inspection cover off I looked at all the junk inside and everything looked good. No broken or chipped gears, brass synchros looked good.... But... after straining the oil that was in the case I found some metal chunks that look like they were part of a washer at some point. One piece looks like a folding tab off of a lock washer (first pic near the eraser end of the pencil). Thats where Im at with that, have a post on pirate askin the experts what it could be.

Couple shots of the last wheeling trip, cut short by a buddies broken d60 rear axle in his tj. We couldnt get the stub out on the trail so we just sealed up the axle end and called it a day.

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom