new French pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

some progress on the roof.
finished the filling and sandig (hours of work as you know) and primed it today to have an idea of the result.
I am happy cause the result , if not perfect as it is not my job, is better than what I thought I could do.
I cant wait to paint it green, perhaps tomorrow if the temp is ok.

2014-09-27 19.28.11.jpg

2014-09-27 19.28.48.jpg

2014-09-27 19.28.33.jpg

2014-09-27 19.29.55.jpg

Very nice work! I see I'm not the only one who has to deal with a very small workspace. Keep it up and good luck with the painting. What color green are you going to paint it with?

I foud a store who make colors you want in spray cans. I have rustic green and cygnus white. You are right, I have not much space aroud the car and it is a real mess. Ill have to clean all before painting...

2014-09-28 19.57.09.jpg
2014-09-28 22.34.48.jpg
Hi gang, Thanks for yours comments.
Today' work, one coat on the roof and sanded one rear door.

One previous owner deleted the rear emblem. Fu...ng Ba...rt !!!

Yes, amby doors, As my pig comes from Australia, it wa a common option there I guess. when I see the problems with tailgate, I think it is cool this way. Very easy to load the big cargo area.

Yes, but I will have to source rubbers that are dry and cracked. I hope they are standard profiles..

Yesterdays work
second coat on the roof
Today's work
Cygnus white paint. I am not happy cause I have drips (?)
Any advice to manage the issue?

2014-10-19 19.43.51.jpg

2014-10-19 19.44.20.jpg

Augghhhh! I hate drips! I thought that I was the only one that got those. What I have done is first wiegh out where they are and decide if it is worth to fix. Then once I have decided to fix it I wait couple days to completely dry and then sand and repaint. If it is even a little wet it will ball up when you sand it and then it just gets more laborious from there.
I guess that painting is all about patience.

I’ve used three methods to remove runs from paint.

First if the paint is still wet you can used ¾” masking tape to just touch the top of the run and it will remove the buildup of paint add another coat of paint and wet sand out the slight imperfection that’s left behind.

Second is scrape with a razor blade to make the raised area flat then sand and buff. This is a video showing the procedure.

Third if it’s a large run you can build around the run with a filler and sand the run and filler together to a flat surface then buff. This is a video showing the procedure.

Good luck, the pig is looking great!!

In fact, I have waited 24h, then very smoothly wet sanded the area with 500 then 1000 grit paper, then a coat of paint, it turned out well,
Thanks guys ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom