I have to get safer seats..ideas what oem seats are worth (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i tried searching for some current threads on the matter...nothing stood out. not trying to sell these but I'd like to know what a realistic price is. i see them listed on ebay for around $300, but listing and selling totally different achievments. the back of the passenger seat is in great shape.

20141001_192334.jpg
20141001_192418.jpg

Nobody wants mine at $25 ea. so I'll have them reupholstered and then post them on feebay and see what happens.

image.jpg

its a crap shoot ,what would be safer ? i was in a head on hit by a camaro doing 120 mph in a 40 with those seats and walked away .if you install new seats yourself what makes you think they will be safer ?

i'm 6'7" so the seats barely hit mid back. i'm also not comfortable with just a lapbelt either...so i guess saying the seats arent unsafe is vague...the whole setup is unsafe for me.

I scored some bucket seats from a honda prelude at a junk yard for 25 bucks each. great upgrade!.... Had to build new brackets but they are soooo comfy and the passenger seat now slides for more leg room too.

I'd go with some manual leatherette (vinyl) seats out of an E36 BMW, 92-98 3 series; black, tan or light gray

Sold mine in better shape then that for 6 pack of shock top beer :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom