NWFabs Black box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pretty much the guys have a dozen plus units out in the market without any failures... spoke with Kyle today and he is launching the website adapters with instructions as I write this..

This will be pretty cool as the Black Box will offer a pile of other options for cruiser guys that want to run centered axles..

He is debating getting into the 80 sereies cases with a few different tcase ideas, at this point he will focus on launching his H55 and H42 doubler case adabpters...

Edit, I forgot that Kyle had mention he will also be covering the autos in the FJ and HJ60 and HJ 61series transmissions..

Hope all this info is right, this was all in a converstion today of a few minutes..:beer:

Rob

For that price range I would rather just go Orion Tcase or if a 60 series a set of Tcase gears. That way I don't have to change driveshafts. If it was closer to 1000 bucks I would be interested, but even then with the price it costs to change driveshafts your right back up to where an Orion is or Tcase gears.

Do it....

It is for people who want another option for other doubler case options..Is not Orion discontinued?

Even so, it is a option that is not offered by anyone.. so......I think people would be happy.

Rob

Sorry Marlin does offer it.

I really like having a doubler for more gear options. I had a toybox/cruiser case before. It gave me basically 2 options, about 2:1 and about 4:1. I am switching to a black box/205 combo. It will offer 2:1, 2.7:1, and 4.7 for crawling big stuff.

I've had to call NWF a few times and never had any trouble, and they shipped an order very promptly.

He needs to grab the 80 market. It's just sitting there like free money...

When I inquire they reply with 'having trouble acquiring an 80 tranny and Tcase for mockup'.

There's 3 trannies in the 80 series and 2 tcases(kind of), so I understand. I have a 96 Tcase to offer if someone has an a343 to add in helping them?

They are in the pnw.

For that price range I would rather just go Orion Tcase or if a 60 series a set of Tcase gears. That way I don't have to change driveshafts. If it was closer to 1000 bucks I would be interested, but even then with the price it costs to change driveshafts your right back up to where an Orion is or Tcase gears.
Retubing driveshafts is $100/each everywhere?

I have a friend that is struggling with Nwf. Maybe I can get him to chime in.

I am the lucky one who is working on an install of a black box. It will be going behind and H55 and in front of a splitcase. I don't think NWF is really into this market yet as the timing and support I've gotten hasn't be totally awesome. Not that it has been terrible but I've had to be patient is all. I'd heard that at the time of getting mine I was the 2nd land cruiser black box....

I ordered Feb 7th or so, paid up in full and was told 6-8 weeks

Got the 1/2 the box end of may

Got the rest July

Got the corrected adapter plate in August and the bearing they forgot, not sure the corrected plate will work either...

Now I'm waiting on a new input gear since the one in my box doesn't fit.

I believe these are all just growing pains of a new product. I'm not stoked it is 9 months later and I don't have a installed box.... needless to say this has really impacted my troopy build schedule.

I do think it will be totally awesome when done and most of the parts seem top notch. I too really see value in having more ranges than high and low. At time however I've really been wishing I'd gotten the AA gears. That install isn't easy either though. The real best option would be black box AND AA gears. To get more variety of option. 1:1, 2.7:1, 4:1, 9.6:1. But to get that done you'd be 5k into cases..

The real win I think that NWF needs to take advantage of is keeping a cruiser trans and going to an Atlas case. Yes you go centered output rear but at that point your likely looking to upgrade anyhow. An Atlas behind and H55 behind and HDT would be so so so so cool.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted on the progress of my black box.

He needs to grab the 80 market. It's just sitting there like free money...

When I inquire they reply with 'having trouble acquiring an 80 tranny and Tcase for mockup'.

There's 3 trannies in the 80 series and 2 tcases(kind of), so I understand. I have a 96 Tcase to offer if someone has an a343 to add in helping them?

They are in the pnw.

Was just on the phone with Kyle a minute ago, he was talking about 80 series stuff, but we all know some of the pitfalls of trying to fit a doubler under a 80...he is still giving t some thought tho..

At the moment he is staying focused on the task at hand and once finished he might try designing something..

[

The real win I think that NWF needs to take advantage of is keeping a cruiser trans and going to an Atlas case. Yes you go centered output rear but at that point your likely looking to upgrade anyhow. An Atlas behind and H55 behind and HDT would be so so so so cool.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted on the progress of my black box.[/QUOTE]

Not completely up on the adapters but.......I think the BB adapter then too atlas is a bolt up?

ya i think so.

No other explanation? I am curious what it adapts to? Or if it has to do with output shaft length or something?

On their site it doesn't show that plate and the 19 spline shaft they show doesn't have the mounting surface for the bearing that's now supplied The bearing shown is smaller than what is supplied in the kit now. The bearing now supplied also has a external snap ring to seat it in the plate.

this is my black box with the bearing installed and the spacer that you may not need depending on what trans it was behind

it ensures that the tcase input seal rides on the sealing surface of the gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom