Need 1HD-FT SST 09992-00400 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CycloSteve

SILVER Star
Threads
As the thread indicates, looking for the proper insert SST to run the compression testing on my 1HD-FT. The SST is 09992-00400, and also is for the FTE motor. It is much longer than the 1HD-T / 1-HZ probe. Georg may build one out of bits and pieces, but if anyone has one we can borrow, that would be great. Finding one in the US so far has not been easy.

SST 09992-00400.png
SST in 1HD-FT.png

Yup, sent Yan a PM already and will see what that brings. Will also ask Jan about WCC, as they had to use something for his rig.

you could easily build one from an old injector nozzle holder body. Then again, might be just as hard to find a spare injector to cannibalize.

If I find mine, from either Kevin Rowland possibly having it.. and something makes me think he broke the gauge.., or if it is here somewhere in a box, I will let you know and get it shipped to Georg.

Thanks Ken, I believe that Georg has the gauge assembly and we just need that oddball long nozzle which the wishbone clamp then holds in place. Working to get the truck to the 45 run this year, and this is definitely one of those "must do" items before the engine goes back into the truck.

Still looking. :bang:

So far no one seems to have one of these in the western hemisphere. Akela has them showing as backordered by Toyota with no ETA. Yanmar, due to their use of the 1HD-FT in marine applications, refers me back to Toyota to get the tool, ugh! If anyone is a handy machinist or knows one, we can get the specs and an injector to you to use as a mock-up to build this tool. Seriously, someone who has old-school skills on a lathe and mill could make one of these in short order. Happy to pay a fellow-mudder to build the right tool, and for it to be available for others in the future.

Hi Steve, I am going to check in Europe. Plenty of these engines around in germany, and I am traveling there once a month.
cheers,
jan

Might be able to make one for you. The hard part will be drilling that long hole down the center of the thing. Rough dimensions would help. Maybe a photo of the injector with dimensions annotated on it?

It might be easier to start with the correct diameter bar stock instead of cutting the whole thing on the lathe. With that length it will need a Schrader valve in the cylinder end so you don't double or triple the volume of the compression chamber.

I'd be interested in one as well and will be following this.

Currently leaning towards building a few of these, as the cost of doing one is likely the same as doing five. Setup time is the devil in the machining process. Will be getting the specs shortly, and have a friend who will do the CAD work. Should have an idea what these will cost once the CAD is done...with that in mind, please let me know tentatively if you are interested. The real SST from Toyota when available is between $150 and $200 before sorting out shipping from a far off place. Hoping to cut that price in half, perhaps better.

The hard part in the manufacturing process will be drilling a hole through that length of material. It's likely going to have a smaller hole at one side than the other. The hole may need to use a gun drilling process if the adapter is steel or cast iron. If it's aluminum you may be able to use a long drill bit.

I think the portion of the narrow section can be a separate piece of material like an off-the-shelf brass nipple from your local plumbing supply. Just tap some pipe threads into the top end of the larger diameter section. Then it should be easy to adapt the other end of the nipple to the compression tester. If you can find the appropriate outer dimension bar stock these could likely be produced on a manual lathe or maybe not even require a lathe at all depending on what the mating interface is at the combustion chamber.

Only progress was to visit the local Toyota dealer in France yesterday (where I live and work part of the year). Yes, they could get the SST...for 250 Euro; trop cher! So, will need to go down the build-path. Still need to get the specs for the injector from Georg.

Unfortunately the requested part is not available from the UAE currently and is on back order by the manufacturer with an unknown delivery date, apologies for any inconvenience.

Literally back to the drawing board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom