Rolling the dice on this fridge 63QQT $270 shipped (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been following this thread for a while now.

Who here has owned one of these refurb/scratch-dent Edgestar models for longer than a year. Any long term reviews out there?
Has anyone been able to identify the compressor? These look an awful lot like the Engels, are there any remarkable similarities?

Does anyone have a photo of the 80Q in a cruiser? Way bigger than I would need when I go out solo, 75% of the time, but for family time it may work. When the family goes I am a "camping contractor", everything gets packed.

I will have a pic for you in about two days. Just got it today and I'm testing it out.

Ok. So it was a bit more than two days. I have to admit... This fridge is really nice. I had it on straight battery power for 2.5 with no problems. Here are the pics that someone requested. (An 80qt inside the back of a 100 series)

Ok. So it was a bit more than two days. I have to admit... This fridge is really nice. I had it on straight battery power for 2.5 with no problems. Here are the pics that someone requested. (An 80qt inside the back of a 100 series)

You can put a lot of beer in that thing. The price is good but I think it would be to big for me.

Put it on a slide and let's see how you get the door open.

Update on mine. Both plastic hinges broke, so I swapped them out for 3" stainless flat-bottom hinges I found on amazon. Works perfectly. Swapped the handles out for steel ones posted a few pages back. Work awesome.

Last couple of times I used the fridge was as a beer fridge on 110v. It always worked just fine. I loaded it up in the truck for CMCC assuming it would work on 12v, but it didn't even power on. Verified that the plug in the truck has 12.5v.

I need to pull the fridge out and open it up, but is this a typical issue with these fridges (works on 110v but not 12v) or am I flying blind?

Typical. Open it up and make sure all the wires are connected AND the spade connectors are tight. Also, if your using your cig lighter that might be the problem. I ran a 12g wire (I'd of rather used 10g) to a 15A fuse, to the back PS cubby hole then spliced on the 12V plug (minus the cig plug I cut off). Works great! When not in use I just cool the cord up and put in the cubby. None's the wiser.

I think I finally scored. Put my order in for an 80qt that just popped up.
Dang! You can put a side of deer in that beast. Hope you got lucky this time!

Hooked up and running on 110v. Small dent on the corner near the control panel. Going to do a 12v test tomorrow with my deep cycle for the trolling motor

Let's see some pics of that 80qt!

Ill have to post some up after this weekend. Slammed at work and just pulled all the rear seats for a trip up to Gold Lake.

It is a beast no doubt. Right now I have it behind my drivers seat and I can fully open the lid no problem. I like that I have the room for extended trips as well. I think if I ever come across a S/D 43 id jump on it to have the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom