Registry Global 70-series Registry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1987 LJ73 LX Turbodiesel
2. ArchDan
3. Located in Seattle, USA
4. Car came from Switzerland in 4/2013
5. 100,000km
6. Webasto Heater, Wheels by Stockton Wheel, Bumpers
7. Used around town, and in eastern WA
DSC_9203.JPG

1. 1985 BJ70 LX
2. BJRB
3. Located: Cumming, GA
4. Country of Origin: Canada
5. Odometer: 271000Km
6. Old man Emu Dakar lift, Snorkel, 33" BFGoodrich, Mate Black
7. Daily driver. No off roading

So styling I LIke it! P.S. could you post some pictures of hooking your snorkel up inside?
My previous owner didn't finish the plumbing on mine!

Thank you MicahMan!! I have not installed the snorkel on the inside, I have all the hardware but I have not had the time to complete it just yet. I have a friend who has a 70 as well and he told me that he will give me a hand, I think that there is a piece of the Air filter housing that needs to be cut by looking at the hardware and I really dont want to mess it up.

Thank you MicahMan!! I have not installed the snorkel on the inside, I have all the hardware but I have not had the time to complete it just yet. I have a friend who has a 70 as well and he told me that he will give me a hand, I think that there is a piece of the Air filter housing that needs to be cut by looking at the hardware and I really dont want to mess it up.

I'm in the same boat. I'll post my attempt

Micah - after looking up-close at both yours (and the extra parts I saw for yours) and the Safari snorkel for "B" powered 70s, it looked like yours hooked up pretty much the same as the Safari. Perhaps you can find some Safari instructions somewhere that you can kinda "follow" if you're unsure.... But ya, on the Safari you are to put a cap on the stock round inlet and then cut a hole out and rivet and silicon that new piece onto the air filter housing and then a tube in between. Other than that, yours semed pretty much done.

Last edited:
Thanks Ferg!
That's the plan all the other parts are a perfect clone of the Safari kit. I just need to find a good way to plug the airbox and then get the guts to cut a perfectly good clean set up!

Thanks!

1. Year and model of vehicle - 1987 BJ70
2. IH8Mud Handle - Proline 4wd Equip
3. Location of vehicle - Miami, FL
4. Country of Origin - Spain
5. Mileage - 331790 Km
6. Modifications, if any - Old Man Emu Suspension, Proline 4wd Bumper and roll cage, Smittybilt winch, snorkel, Super swamper tires, LED lights
6. How you use the truck- Daily Driver, trail rig and shop rig
IMG_8530 (2).JPG

What would one of these cost imported into Vancouver BC? this would make a great substitute for the bj60 that I currently drive. Please message me.

1. Year and model of vehicle - 1991 HZJ77

2. IH8Mud Handle - Owensexport

3. Location of vehicle - California

4. Country of Origin - Japan

5. Mileage on the truck odometer, in KMs please - 189,000

6. Modifications, if any - stock

6. How you use the truck- DD, trail rig, garage queen, etc. - Daily driver,
79,000 kms so far

pict0957.jpg
1. Year and model of vehicle - 1991 HZJ77

2. IH8Mud Handle - Owensexport

3. Location of vehicle - California

5. Mileage on the truck odometer, in KMs please - 189,000

6. Modifications, if any - stock

6. How you use the truck- DD, trail rig, garage queen, etc. - Daily driver,
79,000 kms so far

pict0957.jpg

Hi Guys, first post so I thought i would go here first.

1. Year and model of vehicle 1986 FJ73
2. IH8Mud Handle WillST1S
3. Location of vehicle Exmouth Western Australia
4. Country of Origin Australia
5. Mileage, in KMs 420,000km
6. Modifications Bull bar, Toyota Celica front seats, custom self draining Ferrous Oxide Passenger Floor pan, 2 inch lift, sport exhaust.
6. How you use the truck- Daily driver and boat tow rig, and light 4 wheeling.
7. Photos are fine, not yet.

Here we go!

[size=+1] Mods note; Lets keep this to registry info only please. And I will delete the chat posts as I see them. Thanks, BB[/size]
[size=+1] Also it would be nice and highly recommended that we have pictures to go with these posts. It makes the registry that much more enjoyable. So please add a picture to your post if you have not already. If you have trouble posting a picture you can ask me or roscoFJ73 for help in the matter. Cheers and look forward to seeing these trucks :)[/size][/QUOTE]

Hi Guys, first post so I thought i would go here first.

1. Year and model of vehicle 1986 FJ73
2. IH8Mud Handle WillST1S
3. Location of vehicle Exmouth Western Australia
4. Country of Origin Australia
5. Mileage, in KMs 420,000km
6. Modifications Bull bar, Toyota Celica front seats, custom self draining Ferrous Oxide Passenger Floor pan, 2 inch lift, sport exhaust.
6. How you use the truck- Daily driver and boat tow rig, and light 4 wheeling.
7. Photos are fine, not yet.

Here we go!

[size=+1] Mods note; Lets keep this to registry info only please. And I will delete the chat posts as I see them. Thanks, BB[/size]
[size=+1] Also it would be nice and highly recommended that we have pictures to go with these posts. It makes the registry that much more enjoyable. So please add a picture to your post if you have not already. If you have trouble posting a picture you can ask me or roscoFJ73 for help in the matter. Cheers and look forward to seeing these trucks :)[/size]
[/QUOTE]

Here is Fredbrick, short for Fing red brick. Love him to bits, oh wait he is falling to bits...well that will give me something to do. Lots to do, like fix the left front caliper!

IMG_2718.JPG

image.jpg
1. Year and model of vehicle - 1996 HZJ77
2. IH8Mud Handle - Jordan345
3. Location of vehicle - Toronto Ontario, Canada
5. Mileage - 236000 Km
6. Modifications, if any - Zeal 4 inch lift, snorkel, Expo roof rack. Mods waiting for install: on board hot water, onboard air, ARB bumper, turbo, exhaust, tranny cooler
6. How you use the truck- Daily Driver and overland Africa rig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom