Alerts not working? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaDon

I am here
Threads
Website
good-times.webshots.com
I realized the other day that I was about 5 pages back on new posts in the "What did you do with your 80" thread, and I hadn't been receiving alerts. I got caught up and now am seeing the alerts again. This got me thinking, so I looked at my watched threads and found I was way behind in several of them. I'm wondering if there is a way to avoid this happening. Another reason it would be nice to have the "Show New Replies to Your Posts" feature.

Watched 6-19-14.jpg

my alert for "new threads" in this section worked perfectly.

Does the "watched threads" note those with new posts? Seems easy enough to just look there...

Yes, the "watched threads" still works, I just hadn't been using it. I think this happens when you view alerts, then don't look at all of them. Not sure if it's a time limit thing, or what.

hmm...yeah, it might time out...

Any Alert I get usually needs addressing immediately :)

I just noticed this as well. Had replied to several threads and wondered why I didn't get an email afterwards... then I noticed I had a new PM and hadn't received an email about that, either. Checked my settings, everything seems to be in order. But, no worky.

I'm back from traveling for a day-two...will see if I can get anything solved...the Alert box (no email) worked perfectly for me on this post...

But not for me. Just checked my email too. I'll look at my settings again.

I did get the "Alert" pop-up while on the page, however.

Edit: In the old forum software, simply posting on a thread enabled the alerting function. Is this still the case?

So...I reset my alert for this thread to include an email...and I got one for your reply...hmmm

You can adjust your Account Preferences to automatically get alerts

When I want to look at alerts, I usually just hover on the icon, then go to the oldest one first. At that point, the red icon disappears, but the alerts are still there. If I forget to look at all of them and new ones pop up, it seems like the older ones go away at some point. Is there a way to make the alert stay there until clicked on?

No, there isn't a "mark read" system for the Alerts

Looking into possible issues with emails...

BUMP: My little red alert icon was coming up often on threads I was watching/posting in, etc., but all of a sudden I stopped getting any of these starting on Thursday. I checked some of my watched threads, and all of them have had new posts that I haven't been alerted to.

My settings seem correct.

Any thoughts?

So far, I've found I can't leave alerts unclicked; otherwise, newer ones push the old ones off the screen. Still checking the "watched threads" link from time to time.

BUMP: My little red alert icon was coming up often on threads I was watching/posting in, etc., but all of a sudden I stopped getting any of these starting on Thursday. I checked some of my watched threads, and all of them have had new posts that I haven't been alerted to.

My settings seem correct.

Any thoughts?

None...I got the red Alert notification for this, AND an email as well...

I didn't get either to ToyotaDon's response or yours. No red dot, no email on phone or regular puter....

Hmmm.....

Maybe it just doesn't like me anymore.

Well, my alert again worked fine...on my phone now, so my admin options are limited, but can look more after the honeymoon :p

Ummmm.....yeah,....after honey moon is fine dude.

Have fun.

:)

Checked your settings earlier, noticed you changed to include emails...but still see nothing that implies your alerts are messed up.

Yup. No emails. I received 2 alerts for following a picture gallery. That's it though. None of my followed/watched threads triggered any alerts, nor responses/quotes of things I wrote.

:meh: I guess it is what it is.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom