1HD-T air filter/intervals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

This is my first year in my HDJ81 and I was wondering what you guys get for time/mileage under the conditions you drive in. I have about 25K km on mine with about 5% of that in dusty conditions and the rest either on highway or in the dead of the snowy Rockies winter. It looks to me like its ready to be changed out but I am a bad judge of these filters as this is the first cycle of this type I have gone through. This just seems pretty quick to me given the driving conditions. Just looking for some insight!

Cheers

If you have an OEM filter, they are washable. I'd clean mine every 20,000kms minimum, just get 2 so you can always have one washed and ready to swap in, then clean the other when you get a chance.

Not all of the OEM are washable. I buy inexpensive paper filters of a well known brand and change them when I do the oil change . Judging when its time to clean or replace air filters is a tricky business as only expensive machines can tell you how clogged a filter is.
I have never noticed a power difference after a filter change,even when its been over due. I changed one in my troopy that had 22000klms and 3 years on it according to the date and klms inscribed on the filter.
Paper filters have shown themselves to be the best collector of dust over washable and "performance" type filters.

just for reference .. even with a brand new filter back when I was in the supra hybrid turbo boostin only 14PSI I got vacuum when WOT .. thanks to a very restrictive air box / intake / snorkel etc ..

Donaldson etc make restriction gauges in different scales for different applications.

I run the washable 100 series element in my own fabricated housing and have replaced it once in 8 years because it got damaged. I have a Donaldson informer restriction gauge.

Dougal, I don't remember see your setup in the other threads. Did I miss it or do you have any pictures you could post up?

Dougal, I don't remember see your setup in the other threads. Did I miss it or do you have any pictures you could post up?

Isuzu 4BD1T in a range rover with isuzu gearbox. I run a 100 series air cleaner element in a home built housing of my own design as I didn't have the space to run a complete toy filter and housing.

I will change that for a Donaldson filter unit when I get the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom