Trailer storage/rent, what do you do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phipsi.net
Hi everyone...I'm located in Los Angeles and having recently moved am unable to house a Car trailer to haul my rig. What do you guys do with your car trailers/Trail rig trailers storage wise? Anyone ever rent one or willing to rent me there's once in a while?

Thanks in advance, happy Easter

Sammi
PKP80

Last edited:
I'd look for a storage locker with a door big enough to roll it through. If you have a helper, standing a typical mil 1/4 ton M-416 pattern trailer on its end will save a bunch of space. Wise to have a helper with that, though. And you need enough overhead clearance, as it is over 8' long unless you have a repositionable hitch or other means to detach that and shorten the overall trailer.

We have a lot of storage places around here that have closed units, covered parking, and uncovered parking. Might not be worth your money in California due to high real estate prices

unable to house a trailer to haul my rig.

I'd look for a storage locker with a door big enough to roll it through. If you have a helper, standing a typical mil 1/4 ton M-416 pattern trailer on its end will save a bunch of space. Wise to have a helper with that, though. And you need enough overhead clearance, as it is over 8' long unless you have a repositionable hitch or other means to detach that and shorten the overall trailer.

I believe he talking about a car hauler not a 1/4 trailer. Guessing he has a off road only 80 series.:meh: I didn't have a 80 series I needed to tow around but until I had RV parking I used a tow bar setup for moving 40 series around. The best option would be if you had a friend with extra RV parking. Around here it's not cheap and anything happens to the trailer the storage facility takes no responsible. Not as big a deal with a car hauler but had a friend who kids threw a rock thru the back window of his fifth wheel and it was on him to fix it.

I believe he talking about a car hauler not a 1/4 trailer. Guessing he has a off road only 80 series.:meh: I didn't have a 80 series I needed to tow around but until I had RV parking I used a tow bar setup for moving 40 series around. The best option would be if you had a friend with extra RV parking. Around here it's not cheap and anything happens to the trailer the storage facility takes no responsible. Not as big a deal with a car hauler but had a friend who kids threw a rock thru the back window of his fifth wheel and it was on him to fix it.

YES! talking about a car hauler for my 80. Located in Los Angeles parking is near impossible for a trailer. I see my best solution as renting one from someone in the Area or near by.

Does anyone have one they would rent to me, I'd pick up and drop back off of course. Needs to be 7-10K axles....16-22ft.
2012-11-18 07.00.57.jpg

I take it between your 80 series and what you tow it with U-Haul is not a option? I have one in AZ but besides the distance mine is the lighter dual 3,500# axles which is fine my for 40 series I tow but pushing it for a modified 80 series and gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom