My new to me Green 1999 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been lurking for a bit and looking for the perfect Cruiser and I found it. It's a 99 LC with 128k in awesome shape except for the timing belt wasn't done at 90k.
For $10.8k I think a got a ok deal. Plus it was only 4 hours away in Grand Junction and we got to spend some time with my wife's Grandpa... He's full of stories.

My plan is to get a Medium OME 2.5 kit. But the Sport Shocks are kind of scaring me.
I want to install a ARB BULL Bar and a Slee rear bumper, and try and maintain my ride as much as possible.
Seems like the old OME Nitrocharger shocks are no more. That's a shame.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397838262.120748.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397838278.036219.jpg

I did the heavy OME lift with Nitrocharger in my 80 and only had a ARB bumper added. The ride was great and I'm hoping for a similar ride with my 100. I'm open to ideas

Looks like a real creampuff. Love the green. Good choice!

Nice looking rig, keep us appraised of the mods you go with!

Very nice looking ride! Enjoy!

Thanks!! I wasn't crazy about the green. But its growing on me. Just got it back from the Toyota service dept. They said the truck is super clean. Its just a baby. :bounce: Going to pick up some tundra ted 18 rims tomorrow. Let the mods began!!

I'm pretty happy with my Slee heavy kit. I had it for a bit with just a rear bumper and tire carrier in the back, no sliders, cargo boxes or front bumper. It rode pretty well.

Now with the thousand or so odd pounds of extra weight I've added to the truck it rides really well :)

@fireball good to hear. I may just order the medium and swap out springs when/if I need to. Did you tackle the uca's?

Nope. Slee installed the lift and did the alignment when I was passing through town immediately after purchase. I've since added lots of weight and just readjusted the torsion bars and had it aligned again. It came into spec and drives nicely, so I don't see a need for the fancy schmancy UCAs at this point.

Nice find. The green will grow on you. We thought it was a nice color when we got ours, and grew to really liking it. There are not many vehicles (LC or otherwise) with that attractive metallic green color. Enjoy!

Yo-nice truck! I recently sold my green 80 and am looking to buy another hundy. My first choice is white, but there is green one like yours nearby with 138K for sale for $11.9 with beige interior, which is also not my favorite interior color.(same color combo as my 80). Just wondering if yours came with grey or beige/brown and if you had any pics if it is grey. Thanks-:cheers:

@Mean Green Mine did come with grey... I actually prefer the beige. I'll post some pics later on

Nice truck, post some pics with the Tundra wheels!

sweet, grats on the purchase! Love my green 99.

I wanted green or blue when I bought my Thunder Cloud Metallic or whatever they call it... I really like the look of yours

Picked up some 18 Tundra TRD rims for $100.... Now to find some tires. I'm reading good things about the Duratracs

I'm wanting to buy the biggest tires I can get on a stock truck .... but I'm not sure if they will look ok after I do the 2.5 medium Slee lift..... More searching

In my opinion the Wrangler Duratrac's look the best if you're in the market for a big and wide tire with aggressive tread. I'm not a big fan of the BFG A/T (don't get me wrong it's an excellent tire!) but where I come from people call them pizza cutters because they look so skinny. If you were to add a 2.5" wheel spacer you might even be able to fit the 325/65/18 Duratrac's which would look awesome!

Official Jeep Recovery Vehicle

So I've done a bit of research. :)
I think I'm going to go with
OME 865 springs, Ironman Shocks ( too many reviews complaining about the ride), diff drop and keep the stock torsion bars till I get my bumper. Slee says TJM T3 isn't in stock right now. :(

I already started ordering parts. I can't wait!!

Just picked up my OME springs and diff drop from Slee's.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406332182.524686.jpg

My Ironman foam cell shocks will be here on Monday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom