My new to me Green 1999 LC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does that box say 2860 X?

@ElHefe Yes, I went with 860s instead of the 865s

Nice. Same here. You'll probably have them on before me. Which exact shocks are you going with (part number and price)?

Sure, the fronts are
Ironman Foam cell 24795FE
Rears: Ironman Foam Cell 24796FE

I got them from Metaltech.com and used the ih8mud code for 5% off.

Green always looks good on a LC!

So... I took my 860s back to Slee and got the 865s. I can always sell them if and when I upgrade. Also my Foam Cell shocks came too!!! Schweetness!

Why did you swap out? Too tall?

Yes, 865 seem more popular here, plus my rig is more for traveling/adventure and I wanted to fit in my garage. :)

Really having trouble deciding... Thinking about grabbing the 860, I was told the 865s only give 1 inch of lift

So I had my ironman shocks and rear springs installed. Stock torsion bars...It rides amazing!!! It feels balanced and sporty and def NOT harsh. I'm happy with my choice! I get my tires on tomorrow and next week the bumper gets fabbed!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406852082.504217.jpg

Little bit of stinkbug till the torsion bars and diff drop go on.

I went with the 860s. Just put the tires on.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406919790.026419.jpg

Sweet looking '99! Mines a '99 with Ironman shocks too. My wife said she's getting jealous when I call it baby. Enjoy!

@whitemule how long have you had them, which shocks did you go with?

So after putting the 295/75/18s on. I noticed some rubbing from the tire on the inside fender well... So I got the OME torsion bars installed. I'll be picking it up from the shop on Tuesday and I'm hoping for a bumper install before the week is out. After everything I've read....I'm leaning toward a Slee bumper.

We shall C! :)

Nice truck !

Check out bump it off road for bumpers. They make great stuff and are fully customizable. The slee stuff is great too but can only have it exactly as made.

@fireball. Thx! I'll check them out.

Got the Cruiser back. I'm loving it. Ironman shocks make it soooooooo smooth. Now to find a bumper.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407349004.049990.jpg

So, I was hoping to add a Ironman deluxe bumper and winch before Cruiserfest. But I think it will have to wait.
I had to buy a new passenger mirror because the motor failed.
Also, I bought stainless steel brake lines and HAWK HPS pads all around. It's not stopping very well. I'm going to do the brakes in stages and see where I see the most improvement.

I'm going to try and order the bumper, but it don't think it will be here in time.
Also, I measured the Hundy and it sits at 22 inches. I'm going to drop it an inch and see if that makes any difference on highway handling. It's a little squirrelly.

Picked up some 18 Tundra TRD rims for $100.... Now to find some tires. I'm reading good things about the Duratracs

I'm wanting to buy the biggest tires I can get on a stock truck .... but I'm not sure if they will look ok after I do the 2.5 medium Slee lift..... More searching

Nicely done. Just this change makes early year 100's look awfully close to the 06-07's.

Great rig and color choice, I really like the Imperial Jade Mica! We had a green 98 with gray interior, with 295 Nitto Terra Grapplers. I dug through some pics to find one to share!
IMG_0806.jpg

I got the HAWK HPS pads and all 5 stainless steel lines installed. Brakes are waaaay better!! Wow

I started ordering parts for my iPad Mini instalk. I plan to put it in the dash. I can't decide if I want to keep a radio or not..

Ironman bumper and winch are the next items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom