heavy vs. medium lift questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't really understand how the whole droop measurement thing works, but these are the numbers I got measuring from center of hub.

Left front on ground 22.8
Off of ground 24
Right 22.9
Off ground 24

I didn't raise the the rear, but here are the measurement on the ground.

Left rear 23.3
Right rear 23.4

I have not been driving the vehicle. I want to make sure it's properly lifted. I am taking my 100 in Friday to have the lower ball joints replaced and to install new bearings. I ll have him correct the height in front once I get an idea where I need to be.

Lower the front end 1-1.25" more and remove spring spacers in the rear.

I really wanted to run 35s and seen a few people on here that stated they ran this exact setup but I didn't know it put that much of a strain on the front suspension. My cvs boots are leaking, so I'm going to clamp them with some McCaster clamps hoping it works. If I ran a 1 inch rake would that help, or is taking out the spacers and dropping the front 1-1.25 the only option?

I'm preparing for 296/70R18's that are going on this weekend. @Bomar was kind enough to share his measurements from Bottom of Fender to Center of Hub/cap:
Front: 21.5"
Rear: 22.25"

I'm going to 21" in the front for now, and running 866's with 15mm spacers, with 400 lbs of gear on top, sitting at/around 22. Will report back with my final #'s and fit, but thought this could help for now.

Damn.. Maybe I should have went with one 15mm spacer instead of two 10mm.. I'm thinking I just might go that route. It looks good how it stands right now, I just don't want to wear and tear parts fast. I bought the 100 for its reliability. Thanks for the insight.

I just did some math, I don't know if this is a way to gauge it, but I subtracted 23.3-.39=22.91. I got the .39 from taking out one 10mm spacer. If I added the 5mm I would be at 23.1.

Two things on the spacers...

1. You shouldnt be stacking them - its genearlly discouraged/not recommended as they could slip out/spit, cause you to run off kilter.

2. I run 866's with a single 15mm spacer. This should put me on the money for "almost" the same spring rate, and lift that you would get with 864's. With that being said, I'm going to 864's and air bags regardless :)

3. If you want to stick with the spacers, I think Slee has a 20 (1") spacer... which would be almost what you're looking for.

If you haven't sorted your shocks out, I have a set of OME sport shocks for sale. (6001 and 6003)
Spent about 3,300 miles on my LC and now sit idle in the front room...

So if I understand you all correctly. The OME comfort shocks are no longer available just the Sport shocks is that correct? The Sport Shocks sound terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom