Best propane stoves/grill...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is to reside in my M101CDN with my other camping gear. Dedicated camper stove. Need a more compact and transportable unit than the camp chef and I'd prefer a lid for grilling.

Heads up if anyone is considering ordering from Outdoor Cooking.com They currently have a 20% off promo code (spring14) that can be used site wide. I just picked up a Camp Chef Rainier and the discount code worked flawlessly.

Last edited:
I've been using the older version of this grill for serveral years*
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Backyard-Grill-Single-Burner-Portable-LP-Gas-Grill-Red-Sedona/22018230

It works pretty well and didn't cost a lot. I use it with a small propane cylinder and adaptor hose.

My cast iron griddle fits perfectly on the grill so it can double duty.

*I just found this post from 2007
We picked one of these up at Walmart a couple of years ago for $30 thinking it might last part of the summer. So far it is holding up well, two Rubicon trips, one Fordyce trip and a butt load of camping trips later. The legs fold up so it packs down pretty small. I also like the warming rack on top and direct spark ignition. I'm going to have to try removing the drip plate and putting my griddle right on top. Good Idea Trollhole. For the price this is a hard grill to beat.
Since then I've repaint with high temp paint and added a thermometer.

Heads up if anyone is considering ordering from Outdoor Cooking.com They currently have a 20% off promo code (spring14) that can be used site wide. I just picked up a Camp Chef Rainier and the discount code worked flawlessly.

They also have factory seconds on the Rainier, just picked one up with the discount and shipping for $66 total...not too bad.

They also have factory seconds on the Rainier, just picked one up with the discount and shipping for $66 total...not too bad.

Exactly what I did also. Received the unit last week and it looks and works flawlessly. Not sure why it was a factory 2nd. A couple minor rubs on the corners (something I would have done in the first weekend!). A very nice unit, perfectly sized for one/two people, easy to setup/takedown. Overall, a winner IMHO.

Blake

I just ordered the Magma Marine Kettle 2 Grill. I plan on making a mount for my camera tripod. I'll use it in Cruise Moab and report back how well it works.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018Y6SYO/?tag=ihco-20

Per our discussion, I've used my 15" Magma II extensively on the trail; as a BBQ grill and also as a 3rd and super handy burner as needed. It even served pitch hit duty here at our house, as our only outdoor BBQ, after relocating from Reno to the Monterey area last summer...until something larger was delivered for home use ;)

It sits perched atop my camera tripod via a little home brew mount for the ball head...making it super quick to attach/detach and of course set at any height. And leveling couldn't be easier.

My only little nit is the burner output can be a skosh high for finishing/slow BBQ after searing off (and pizza :rolleyes:...Cruiserdrew should be chiming in right about now...seven...six...five...four...three...two...one :D). But I've got an adjustable regulator (0-60psi, Mr. Heater) I'm going to try on our next outing and sure it will provide the lower flame control/output to put that one "nit" to bed.

Per our discussion, I've used my 15" Magma II extensively on the trail; as a BBQ grill and also as a 3rd and super handy burner as needed. It even served pitch hit duty here at our house, as our only outdoor BBQ, after relocating from Reno to the Monterey area last summer...until something larger was delivered for home use ;)

It sits perched atop my camera tripod via a little home brew mount for the ball head...making it super quick to attach/detach and of course set at any height. And leveling couldn't be easier.

My only little nit is the burner output can be a skosh high for finishing/slow BBQ after searing off (and pizza :rolleyes:...Cruiserdrew should be chiming in right about now...seven...six...five...four...three...two...one :D). But I've got an adjustable regulator (0-60psi, Mr. Heater) I'm going to try on our next outing and sure it will provide the lower flame control/output to put that one "nit" to bed.

I also have a 6lb propane tank that should mate up to the Kettle grill nicely!
image.jpg

Got a link for that fancy propane tank ? I need one as I have two composite tanks here that I can't use any more..

Mounted by Kettle 2 to my Slee swingout today. Seems like it will work great!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Got a link for that fancy propane tank ? I need one as I have two composite tanks here that I can't use any more..

Amazon or Kanz which is local. I've had mine for awhile and I needed to track down the conversion fittings to get it to work with my grill. I love the tank itself. I just need to figure out a permanent mount for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom