Dobinsons bumper paint issues. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if anyone else has experience with Dobinsons bumpers and if they've had issues with the paint peeling/chipping off? I purchased a new Dobinsons rear bumper last year and installed it about 3 months ago. The bumper was looked perfect out of the box and the install went without issue. Fast forward two months later and all of a sudden the powder coating has started chipping off on one corner. Nothing has come in contact with this corner whatsoever but the chips continue to fall off and it looks like there's no end in sight. I contacted Dobinsons explaining the situation and sent both video clips and still photos of the area. The only response they have given me is that the pin for the tire carrier is seized up and it dragged across the bumper when the tire carrier was opened and closed. I took a video showing that the pin is not seized and that it has never came closer than about 1/4" from the bumper, again, nothing has come in contact with the bumper to damage the powder coating. Dobinsons responded by saying that yes the pin was currently not seized and not coming into contact with the bumper, but that it obviously was and had in the past. This response in complete BS in my opinion and really pisses me off but I don't know really what recourse I have. So again, I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with Dobinsons products, and also if anyone has some good ideas of how I can repair the issue before it gets worse?

IMG_5458.jpeg

IMG_5459.jpeg

IMG_5445.jpeg

The exposed metal doesn't look like its 3 month old. Parts of my 28 year old frame look better than that.

The exposed metal doesn't look like its 3 month old. Parts of my 28 year old frame look better than that.
The bumper was taken out of its packaging and installed in January. I have a picture of the back of the rig that I took on 4/1/24 and there is no issue with the bumper at that time, then a week later it looks like the pictures above. Below is a photo that was taken on April 1 and then a photo that was taken on April 9. Such is life, living in Alaska in the winter. I pressure washed it last weekend and it was after that that I noticed the new chipping of paint. I'm assuming the issue was there prior to the wash and the pressure washer just exposed it.

IMG_5397.jpeg

IMG_5489.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom