Lc100 most time it start, sometimes it just one crank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, really need some help here to find some problems. I will post a video link under it. I have this 02 lx470. Recently after sit for few days or hours. When I tried to start, It just one crank, but after a few second I start second time, it start just fine. Is this a battery problem or starter? Or maybe some battery leak?

Few symptoms that found out
-my radar detector notice me that the battery is bad
-when I drive my truck over 3hrs no shut down. The radio and cd will automatically switch to each other.

Video link:

hmm I would start with 2 things. One - Is the immobilizer light going off before you are trying to crank it? I dont know where it is as you have a post 2002 LX. But look and make sure that light is off before you crank. If is doesn't go off then it can be your immobilizer and key are not in sync which may cause your issue.

2 - how long since you have replaced the starter? it could be the starter contacts.. but since you have a newer 2002+ version, iirc it has a automatic start function. Which I am not sure if it has a computer that controls that start or not.. but could be something along these lines... if not its just the starter contacts.

Hope this helps.

Yes loose battery with corrosion is always a problem. Make sure your battery terminal is spotless.

That should be the first thing you check actually. And use either silicon grease aka dielectric grease and cover the terminals. Or use the red waxy stuff. Both work the same to ensure your terminals don't get corroded.

What's your battery voltage when it's sitting off?
If you have battery problems where your battery loses charge, maybe it's the weak battery.
Check battery contacts like others said.

If you believe battery is not issue I would check the starter, the starter is a pain in the butt to replace as it's under the intake and on the back of the engine.... How many miles you got on the starter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom