What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice, that's a great spot to store your jeep recovery twine. It might also work for suzuki's 🤣 🤣
LOL. Wishful thinking. I have been rescued total of 5 times by Jeeps in the last 8 yrs, so i wouldn't say my 25+ old rig is more reliable as much as i hate to admit.

Completed the carpet on my buildout a while ago and forgot to share pictures! It feels so much better with the carpet in, gives it more of a cozy feel than just having a bunch of wood around you haha. I built this with skiing in mind, hence the open compartment behind the passenger seat so my ski boots have their own spot to dry out.
I need to find a solution to where to put the removable bed piece when it’s not in use- when it’s off you’re not able to access the compartments under the bench, but I’m not sure where else to put it at this point.
Next up is a diesel heater! We get quite a bit of condensation on the windows overnight with me, my girlfriend, and my dog in the car even with the windows all cracked
IMG_3841.jpeg
IMG_3844.jpeg
IMG_3842.jpeg

I got the White line 30mm HD rear sway bar installed. I used Landtanks HD stock links. The sway bar axle bracket was a bit tight and wouldn’t line up with the threaded bolt holes. I had to bend one side with pliers and used a Dremel to elongate the bolt holes in the bracket. Blasted the assembly with fluid film afterwards.

IMG_9925.jpeg

IMG_9927.jpeg

IMG_9930.jpeg

IMG_9926.jpeg

Thank you! I used the original cards for patterns (2 out of the 4 of them were pretty deteriorated ) and 1/8” Masonite from HD for the new cards. Had to trace the locations for the holes for the snap clips, holes for the door opener mechanisms, etc. then cut or drill all the opening out. Was sort of a pain but worth the effort in the end. I retired from the Military boot business a couple of years ago and my going away present was enough of the current Army Coyote suede leather and Coyote nylon Cordura as a retirement gift for my seat covers and door panels. I did the seats last year and just did the doors since it was getting painted. Thanks again and glad you like it.

View attachment 3598992

View attachment 3598993

View attachment 3598994

View attachment 3598997
😍
1712362890071.png

Decided to bite the bullet and go after the head gasket so hopefully that will give peace of mind for SAS. First time I’ve tackled a HG, so I’m sure it will be a slow process. Thought I made pretty good progress in 3hrs with the upper intake plenum unbolted and ready to come off after I get the PHH and that rusty recirc pipe disconnected at the back

IMG_1922.jpeg

Decided to bite the bullet and go after the head gasket so hopefully that will give peace of mind for SAS. First time I’ve tackled a HG, so I’m sure it will be a slow process. Thought I made pretty good progress in 3hrs with the upper intake plenum unbolted and ready to come off after I get the PHH and that rusty recirc pipe disconnected at the back

View attachment 3599854
I yanked my engine when I did mine, one of the best decisions I have made. SOOOOO much easier to work on and, any other stuff you need to reach, like the rear heater hoses, high pressure steering hoses, and PHH are a snap.

I yanked my engine when I did mine, one of the best decisions I have made. SOOOOO much easier to work on and, any other stuff you need to reach, like the rear heater hoses, high pressure steering hoses, and PHH are a snap.
Quickly learning why people suggest that….

View attachment 3599854
Take your hood off it will be much easier when installing. It’s def easier taking the motor out but it’s a big task and you can do it in the truck with a couple extra curse words. Keep up the good work!

Yes I did. I didn’t want to deal with Rivet Nuts at this time. Maybe when I put on a lift.
Just an FYI at this point obviously, but you have factory welded nuts in the frame where the LCP brackets mount (they use the same bolts as your factory brackets) - no need for the rivet nuts. The rivet nuts are only needed when you have the different style OEM bracket that bolts to the side of the frame vs. underneath like yours.

Just an FYI at this point obviously, but you have factory welded nuts in the frame where the LCP brackets mount (they use the same bolts as your factory brackets) - no need for the rivet nuts. The rivet nuts are only needed when you have the different style OEM bracket that bolts to the side of the frame vs. underneath like yours.
Ok, no lift on my truck yet, I will definitely look into it in the future. So many projects, it’s endless.

Spent a day on dirt with my dogs, experimenting with adjustments on my minty fresh new Dobinsons MRR shocks. Did just over 100 miles in total, and found that empty boat ramps make for a fantastic and repeatable damper test rig. I did 6 passes on this thing, up to 25mph. Can’t believe how good the suspension feels!

IMG_9659.jpeg

IMG_9665.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom