GX550 & LC250 Tracking Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just checked the Toyota dealer inventory and I see 39 FE with in 100 miles of me. I suspect most of those are in transit from the Port of Portland. They were dropped off last week. I am please to see responsible adults saying no to the FE if it is not right. I want to wait until I can drive a LC and the 25 4R shows up. Some rendering are better looking than the LC.

I just checked the Toyota dealer inventory and I see 39 FE with in 100 miles of me. I suspect most of those are in transit from the Port of Portland. They were dropped off last week. I am please to see responsible adults saying no to the FE if it is not right. I want to wait until I can drive a LC and the 25 4R shows up. Some rendering are better looking than the LC.
Thank you for sharing the info. 🫂.

Very similar boat... The 6th Gen T4R has me intrigued, and the price too. And I almost went and get a 5th Gen because it is the last of the V6's 🤔😂😂😂

99 (2nd year) and 08 were pretty good to me. I think something's changed. Hopefully the Made in Japan products have their crap together.
I was referring to the TNGA-F era trucks.
Hopefully the 250/4R will be released to the market slightly more well done.
Maybe it was covid that impacted things...but yeah hopefully things are better now.

I’ve been allocated a black FE scheduled to arrive mid to late April. Sounds like most FEs to arrive soon are black. I’m still not sold on it and may end up passing if I don’t like it….or I’ll get it and trade it in for the GX I’m waiting for haha.

The 1958 models are showing up. This dealer is by me and was previously trying to mark the prices up, but doesn't look like it anymore.
1712012689247.png

Not trying to mark them up? What about the $1595 in dealer installed accessories? That's the sort of thing that will prevent me from ever setting foot in that particular stealership.

Not trying to mark them up? What about the $1595 in dealer installed accessories? That's the sort of thing that will prevent me from ever setting foot in that particular stealership.
It's a package most Vegas drivers want. Xpel tint/door guards and some other things too. Not sure if it worth the $1600 extra though.

got an option for 2x overtrail+ models, one incognito and the other earth. Both are msrp of 82k+. Struggling to see how this makes more sense than a 20-21 LC.
For basically the same price, it definitely doesn’t make more sense to me. A 200 is better in so many ways IMO, but the two trucks aren’t really meant to be compared to each other. I want a 250 to compliment my 200, not replace it.

Last edited:
For basically the same price, it definitely doesn’t make more sense. A 200 is better in so many ways IMO, but the two trucks aren’t really meant to be compared to each other. I want a 250 to compliment my 200, not replace it.
^^^^ @FULL T1ME gets it. Apples and Oranges. Yes, they both can go off-road. One was designed to operate off-road in adverse conditions full time (see what I did there?) whereas the other one was not, but is focused instead on increasing the number of units sold and increasing, if not maximizing, profit per unit.

got an option for 2x overtrail+ models, one incognito and the other earth. Both are msrp of 82k+. Struggling to see how this makes more sense than a 20-21 LC.
Must be a lot of options. Just did a build and it came in at $80k. No roof rack, no sliders, etc.

Saw on another forum. Looks like the first GX was delivered yesterday in SoCal.

Hmmm...Tustin Lexus is my backyard. A master mechanic I know works there.

They have a premium and an overtrail+ showing in stock. Overtrail + is what I'm interested in. They're probsbly spoken for already.

Last edited:
For basically the same price, it definitely doesn’t make more sense. A 200 is better in so many ways IMO, but the two trucks aren’t really meant to be compared to each other. I want a 250 to compliment my 200, not replace it.

Saying a 3-4 year old 200 with a minimum of 20k mi put on by someone else and just out of the factory warranty is better than a new GX550 that tows more, has more HP and Torque, slightly better mileage, 10 year newer infotainment system and safety features, factory rear locker, E-KDSS, and still seats 8 with more compact dimensions does not make sense to me. I love my 200 and will not be getting rid of it when my GX allocation comes up, but other than proven reliability and currently better aftermarket support, a GX550 has it beat in all other areas. Long term reliability of the GX is TBD, but knowing Toyota, that is at least a 200k mi trouble free motor. Past gen GX's have been wheeled hard (seeing more and more on the Rubicon and in Moab) and seem to be holding up really well.

$82k for a fully optioned out Overland + is a bit steep, but you cannot compare that to the price of something that has not sold for new in years. That $82k from 4 years ago is now $92k inflation adjusted.

Saying a 3-4 year old 200 with a minimum of 20k mi put on by someone else and just out of the factory warranty is better than a new GX550 that tows more, has more HP and Torque, slightly better mileage, 10 year newer infotainment system and safety features, factory rear locker, E-KDSS, and still seats 8 with more compact dimensions does not make sense to me. I love my 200 and will not be getting rid of it when my GX allocation comes up, but other than proven reliability and currently better aftermarket support, a GX550 has it beat in all other areas. Long term reliability of the GX is TBD, but knowing Toyota, that is at least a 200k mi trouble free motor. Past gen GX's have been wheeled hard (seeing more and more on the Rubicon and in Moab) and seem to be holding up really well.

$82k for a fully optioned out Overland + is a bit steep, but you cannot compare that to the price of something that has not sold for new in years. That $82k from 4 years ago is now $92k inflation adjusted.
The increased interior space alone in the 200 compared to the GX 550 is a huge factor.

Last I checked, the proven 3UR has more HP and that’s done on regular gas… the hypothetical increase in MPG is wiped out when you have to pay for premium gas…

Also, the v35 V6 is questionable at best when it comes to reliability. Spun rod bearings are appearing all over the place, plus the hose fittings have those crappy quick disconnects that always break 5 years down the road if you need to dig into the engine. It’s a much more disposable platform unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom