What are you working on? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My rollback works pretty good, kind of like an rti ramp, there is also a hill out back of my shop that works well.
Flex party at the shop :beer:

My rollback works pretty good, kind of like an rti ramp, there is also a hill out back of my shop that works well.
I'll take you up on that ! Not sure when I'll have a free afternoon but I will let you know.

I'll take you up on that ! Not sure when I'll have a free afternoon but I will let you know.
I work this Sat . You guys want to come over about 9 am, you are welcome to. I can park the truck and put the bed down and you can drive up either side to check. If you roll over we can recover you too! :)

Can't come in the morning but if you are free around 12:30/1 I would stop by for a little bit. So far did a little testing on a concrete incline and I'm going to have to do something about the front.... anybody have a fender roller?? Only running at the top there on the edge. Still some clearance at the top and where the bumper is.
IMG_9983.jpeg

IMG_9981.jpeg

Lift kit for the Blazer came in. Tuff Country makes the lowest spring rate and best riding off the shelf springs for these.

IMG_0442.jpeg

Can't come in the morning but if you are free around 12:30/1 I would stop by for a little bit. So far did a little testing on a concrete incline and I'm going to have to do something about the front.... anybody have a fender roller?? Only running at the top there on the edge. Still some clearance at the top and where the bumper is.View attachment 3592836
View attachment 3592837

Do you need to extend the bumpstops? I know on the GX some people do that with big tires to avoid this situation

Do you need to extend the bumpstops? I know on the GX some people do that with big tires to avoid this situation
Yes. Learning a lot and running into some issues but thank goodness for welding haha

image.jpg

Exact same thing happened when I removed my factory bumpstops on the GX. Welded a few nuts to it and finally got the bolt to come out

@matzell what do you think about tomorrow around 12:30pm? I got the front bump stops extended a little bit and did some work on the fender liner and pinch weld. Hoping it's good or very close to good now.

@matzell what do you think about tomorrow around 12:30pm? I got the front bump stops extended a little bit and did some work on the fender liner and pinch weld. Hoping it's good or very close to good now.
I will be off work a the shop and home by then I hope. Might be able to do something there as I will have the truck with me. I am going to be working on David;s wheel well repair.

View attachment 3596012
View attachment 3596011
View attachment 3596010

Huge thanks to our club leader @matzell for giving up most of a beautiful Saturday to help me fix my interior tire tread monitoring system!
It came out great!
We're lucky to have such a great guy in our side
Welding sheet metal is never any fun... With Davids help we used a copper heat sink to absorb some heat and flashlights to look for holes. Once we got it all welded solid we did a little more sanding to the inside to clean it up. I think David has it primed and will finish it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom