What are you working on? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally finished the spare tire/cooler rack.

IMG_1502.jpeg

Anyone want to guess? Checking things after putting a few miles on the 80

IMG_0401.jpeg

IMG_0402.jpeg

Lucky for me I hoard hardware from parts trucks. Mini truck studs are the same as an 80, so problem fixed. Now to clean and reassemble. I was able to take steering arm off, drill and use an extractor to remove broken stud without having to take knuckle off.

IMG_0403.jpeg

Lucky for me I hoard hardware from parts trucks. Mini truck studs are the same as an 80, so problem fixed. Now to clean and reassemble. I was able to take steering arm off, drill and use an extractor to remove broken stud without having to take knuckle off.

View attachment 3586627
were you just under the truck bolt checking?

were you just under the truck bolt checking?
Yeah. I installed new front brake pads, now that the rotors are cleaned up from the rust from sitting. I wanted to check the bolts to make sure they were good. All the gook on them must have been holding it on. It turned easliy and then came off. I thought it was just loose. The other 3 on that side were really tight so it may have been run down too tight with an impact or something. Drivers side was good. I think the pass side can loosen due to the double steering arm and always being worked both ways??

Seeing how the truck had sat for over a year, I want to keep an eye on it to make sure everything is good before it goes on a long trip. So far it is not leaking anywhere! I need to get it wrapped up before Saturday and tech day. I still have a lot of little things I want to do to it.

I heard someone got new shoes! @FamilyCamper
Indeed! Need to get some more pics flexed out to see where they will rub and cut a little extra off the pinch weld/mold the inner fender but my previous work clearing the pinch weld has made it only rub the liner that sticks out so far!!
IMG_9956.jpeg
IMG_9957.jpeg

If anyone has a place they know if to test the flex and check rubbing let me know bc it would be great to do before relic run.

If anyone has a place they know if to test the flex and check rubbing let me know bc it would be great to do before relic run.
My rollback works pretty good, kind of like an rti ramp, there is also a hill out back of my shop that works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom