March 23, 2024 tech day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quick question. Do we want to use club funds for lunch?

The head unit should be easy as long as the PO didn't hack into the OEM harness with the weird marine radio that's in it now.
The backup camera will be a bit more complicated but it wasn't so bad in the 80.

I can help with that. I've already completely rewired my car I haven't driven in 4 years for a custom stereo and reused some factory buttons for other goodies

I may bring my bin of wiring and take apart the stereo in my truck as well. It works but intermittently cuts out

Last edited:
Anyone going to bring an ezup?

I should be able to stop by late afternoon, early evening if work is still progressing. I have bearing pullers/splitters, race drive set, slide hammers impact guns ect. If needed, also extensive electrical wiring tools and material. Lost power at house this morning put me behind today. I also have my brother coming over to help me with my front diff. Shortly

PXL_20240323_181331891.jpg

Gear Fest 2024!! How many sets did you all get put in?
Well, it went a little slower than expected. We installed the 3.11 low range gear set and the 10% underdrive gear set in Edwards 80. Then we installed the 3.11 gear set in Alans 100 and swapped out the rear springs. When the engine tilled down the plastic heater T broken and released coolant. It will get wrapped up Monday night after we get a couple new T's from Toyota. We called it at 10:30 or so!

Guys! Let me tell you one thing. Yesterday the way all you guys pitched in to help with someone else’s truck is one of the main reasons for me to get back to the landcruiser community. Folks showing up all through the day with whatever time they had and pitching in as needed is truly a testament to this crowd.

Ed and Rob saw it from start to finish 13 plus hours with multiply issues along the way. Clifton, FamilyCamper, and Beach doing some heavy lifting throughout the day. Messersmith, Pollack, and Fin showing up and lending hands as needed.

Pro tip when you can’t get an e,extricate connector loose, call Toyotajunkie. He got you

Special thanks: Pollack for running out and grabbing pizza. Betsy for bringing my steering wheel back to life. Kathy for bringing a bunch of tired folks a late dinner.

Helluva great day

Guys! Let me tell you one thing. Yesterday the way all you guys pitched in to help with someone else’s truck is one of the main reasons for me to get back to the landcruiser community. Folks showing up all through the day with whatever time they had and pitching in as needed is truly a testament to this crowd.

Ed and Rob saw it from start to finish 13 plus hours with multiply issues along the way. Clifton, FamilyCamper, and Beach doing some heavy lifting throughout the day. Messersmith, Pollack, and Fin showing up and lending hands as needed.

Pro tip when you can’t get an e,extricate connector loose, call Toyotajunkie. He got you

Special thanks: Pollack for running out and grabbing pizza. Betsy for bringing my steering wheel back to life. Kathy for bringing a bunch of tired folks a late dinner.

Helluva great day
And most of all thanks to matzell for opening up his garage and lift for us to work in. Also giving up one of the few days he gets off from work.

And most of all thanks to matzell for opening up his garage and lift for us to work in. Also giving up one of the few days he gets off from work.
Amen! What a good guy to be so willing to help out and give up so much of his time.

I had a great time I didn't do a lot of "helping" but I was certainly happy to be there. Sorry I couldn't stick around.

I am lost...

IMG_0431.jpeg

Had a great time on Saturday wrenching on trucks. Loved seeing the underside of a Land Cruiser not on my back haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom