finally a 300 in the 300 section! 2023 GX (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I replaced the shocks with tough dog shocks. I had to travel with my car and needed something off the shelf that wouldn't be too pricy but also be a step above from stock.
I will also be looking into some springs as I am still running stock springs.
I might change the front springs only so I get the desired lift I need without relying on a spacer.
I'll probably continue with spacers in the rear because I never found any springs to be better than the stock rear springs for our type of use
( I don't load much in the back ).

The tough dogs ride great. I haven't messed around with them yet but they have like 9 different settings. Can't wait to try them off road.

I do aim to eventually get some nicely tuned king shocks but I don't think I'm at that level yet where I need them. I'll go up step by step.

Last edited:
Today is a sad day.
An open parking barrier malfunctioned as I as driving through it and it decided to seizure out on my car.
Insurance will cover it but I'm so sad.

Screenshot_20240312_010934_Studio.jpg

Screenshot_20240312_010955_Studio.jpg

Screenshot_20240312_011006_Studio.jpg

20240312_005745.jpg

One of the worst ones
I hope I can get results from PDR
I have cracked windshield from before so might as well replace it now.
20240312_041907.jpg

I sold my 300 today.
Got an offer I couldn't refuse & the price wasn't going to get better based on the pillar dents.
So I sold it now before the 2024 250/updated tech 2025 300/ 2025 Patrol hit the market.

The pillar dents were always going to bother me, even if fixed.

I have two options now
Get a 250 or get the same exact 300 but MY2025 with updated tech.

I sold my 300 today.
Got an offer I couldn't refuse & the price wasn't going to get better based on the pillar dents.
So I sold it now before the 2024 250/updated tech 2025 300/ 2025 Patrol hit the market.

The pillar dents were always going to bother me, even if fixed.

I have two options now
Get a 250 or get the same exact 300 but MY2025 with updated tech.
You've already had an awesome experience and super memories with your 300. I would expect you'll be disappointed with the 250. I vote a new 300.

You've already had an awesome experience and super memories with your 300. I would expect you'll be disappointed with the 250. I vote a new 300.
It was a beautiful experience.
It's gonna be a long wait but I have my LX 570 and that will keep me going for another 7 months until the 2025 300 is out.
I am in no rush as it's almost the summer season and won't be going off road/road tripping as much since its going to be so hot.

I will still test drive the 250.

until the 2025 300 is out
What do you think is going to be different? I obviously don't have any experience with Toyotas in other markets besides the US, but they generally don't change or add features for a very long time. Updating the 300 after only 3 years seems unlikely to me.

Your 300 had the perfect specs IMO.

What do you think is going to be different? I obviously don't have any experience with Toyotas in other markets besides the US, but they generally don't change or add features for a very long time. Updating the 300 after only 3 years seems unlikely to me.

Your 300 had the perfect specs IMO.
The version of the 300 ( GX ) that I had is not going away and will remain in production for at least another decade. It is not a special order or unique vehicle. It will always be available. Though I think the 1GR will eventually be replaced but maybe later this decade with future updates.

With the price that I sold my 300 I could pretty much get a 2024 GX that is identical to mine in every way possible with as minimal loss as I could have hoped for and not damaged.
However, I will wait for the MY2025 Tech update, because I am not in a hurry.
It will have an updated infotainment system, wireless CarPlay, and a digital dash. Basically it will bring the 300 series up to 250 series levels of tech.

It is an unfortunate incident, but I am making the best out of it.

Even if for whatever reason the 2025 is inferior in anyway shape or form, the 2024s will still be available. The ball will always in my court.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom