Front 3 Point Seat Belts for '69 FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all,

I want to add over the shoulder belts to my '69 Piggy.

Some great threads on this topic. But a few years old at this point...
has anybody had any recent experience with this set up??
http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/3-point-seat-belt-chrome-retr.html

Per this thread from 2006, I learned to go with the long sash-Bench seat style 3 point belts as mentioned above. https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj55-iron-pig-preservation-society/98803-shoulder-seat-belts.html

I have searched for a used factory set up that would work with my inboard buckles, but no luck. Everything looks easy to install, except for the point above the door. Hate to cut into my nice liner, but gonna have too. :mad:
Any help on the install point above/by the door would be great.

Thanks all
Peter

Last edited:
resurrecting this thread to see any good options for a 73 FJ55. Want to add 3 pt seatbelts upfront

I'd avoid the "Competition Harnesses", they keep you soooo locked back into your seat that you can't shift or make any adjustments while 4 wheeling, I simply could not use the shoulder harness when wheeling.

I put 1998 to 2002 Ford F150 3 points in both our 1972 and 1975 FJ40s. Pulled from junkyard and welded over the shoulder brackets to both custom (1972) and factory (1975) rollbars. Inboard Ford buckles merely bolted in.

Over 10 years in service and I'm very happy with them.

I put 1998 to 2002 Ford F150 3 points in both our 1972 and 1975 FJ40s. Pulled from junkyard and welded over the shoulder brackets to both custom (1972) and factory (1975) rollbars. Inboard Ford buckles merely bolted in.

Over 10 years in service and I'm very happy with them.
what over the shoulder brackets did you use? This seems like the best path forward.

I made them. Basically a steel triangle (3/8") with a hole for belt cassette to bolt to. Welded to rollbar.

Bet you could find something suitable during a junkyard crawl.

BTW, ... I had a professional do the welding. I'm really just a hack welder, ... hit and miss on quality.

This being a safety component, I went with a Pro.

BTW, ... I had a professional do the welding. I'm really just a hack welder, ... hit and miss on quality.

This being a safety component, I went with a Pro.
bet I am worse! Need to source or figure out the plates first!

Guess these will work...

seat-belt-weld-in-shoulder-plate-CA-53.jpg

"Probbly" I'd get the belts first then worry about brackets. I'll go take a pic and show you what we did.

OK A little more clarification. this is my 1975 with factory rollbar. Seats are 2006 Toyota Solara. The 1972, with custom rollcage, is now in my son's custody. I might be able to get pics this weekend,.
IMG_1697.JPG
IMG_1699.JPG
IMG_1700.JPG
IMG_1697.JPG
End of the day, we used our imagination to install.

IMG_1696.JPG

IMG_1698.JPG

Pics could be better. Cassette is at bottom of rollbar. Over the shoulder bracket bolted to OEM rollbar bracket. Across lap seat belt bolted at OEM location, (I think.) Seat belt latch, in this case, is apparently stock Solara, but we may have installed Ford latch inside housing. (Been 14 years, I can't remember.) Hope this hasn't become a "rabbit hole"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom