Builds Pippy's 97 CE Build Thread (Now with TURBO) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I really like having the gauge especially for diagnosing problems. I recommend it.

I agree, that gauge is great for checking pressure while idling or bumping the throttle plate. Checking pressure while driving (under load) is a different beast. Maybe drive with the hood removed? 😁

I agree, that gauge is great for checking pressure while idling or bumping the throttle plate. Checking pressure while driving (under load) is a different beast. Maybe drive with the hood removed? 😁

Hah, good point, although it wouldn’t be hard to thread in a hose fitting if you really needed to be able to see it while driving. You could also run an electronic pressure sensor as well.

Here’s what it sounds like on the dyno. Yes Apple Watch, I know it’s a loud environment.

Awesome. How much boost are you running, and where are the AFRs at WOT?

I’ve got it limited to 10psi. Once I do my exhaust it should get there pretty easily and the haltech is self learning so it will adjust automatically!

Finally got basecoat and clear on the fender, flare, and cowl. Lots of sanding, filler, mistakes, sanding, filler. Came out pretty good but needs wet sanding in a few weeks. I used rattle cans but definitely buying a sprayer for the rest. Going back on the truck tomorrow.
IMG_3751.jpeg
IMG_3750.jpeg
IMG_3752.jpeg
IMG_3753.jpeg

While the fender is off I decided to get rid of the retractable antenna. Going to reuse the switch for winch controls.
I chopped the oem antenna mast, and reused the mounting hardware by hacking up a cheap antenna from Amazon and epoxying the guts into the oem tube.
IMG_3697.jpeg
IMG_3698.jpeg
IMG_3703.jpeg
IMG_3748.jpeg
IMG_3749.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom