split case twin-stick kits!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wanted to throw this in there for anyone who might encounter this issue. By nature of the design (Georg please correct me if you've updated the design since I got my set from you back in 2010), the block that slips over the vertical shift rod on the case for HI-N-LO is secured by a set screw. Since this is designed to avoid having to dismantle the tcase for installation, if the set screw loosens the rod can slip and fall down into the case. This happened to me last summer, and thanks to some help from Tor @torfab I figured out to use some neodymium magnets from Harbor Freight to lift the rod back up and secure my block back into place. My block actually has two threaded holes for set screws, so I got one secured, then put a second screw in with some threadlocker and torqued it down good. I then pulled the first set screw, gave it some threadlocker and installed it good and tight as well. I haven't had a problem since, but when I break down my case hopefully this summer for a tranny rebuild and addition of a low range gearset, I'll drill the rod, thread it to match the linkage block and run a longer bolt all the way through that will be a 100% fail proof solution.

Bumping this thread up. Anyone have any closeups on how this setup should correctly work with the 4L60 in front of the Advance adapter and factory Toyota split case? I have had issues with mine and want to see how it is supposed to look. There is a bracket that is connected to the 4L60 and I don't think my Valley Hybrids twin stick was ever connected to that bracket right...

thanks in advance.

Joel

Bumping this thread up. Anyone have any closeups on how this setup should correctly work with the 4L60 in front of the Advance adapter and factory Toyota split case? I have had issues with mine and want to see how it is supposed to look. There is a bracket that is connected to the 4L60 and I don't think my Valley Hybrids twin stick was ever connected to that bracket right...

thanks in advance.

Joel
Do you have pic of your setup?

Last edited:

thanks in advance.

Joel
contact Georg Ester Valley Hybrids! he is the go to go on twin sticks

I have a Georg-built H42 and split case going in my ‘74 FJ40 with his twin stick kit. I found this thread looking for pics of how folks have handled the twin stick tunnel cutout and boot since the included boot is flat but the stock cutout is on the curve of the jump. Haven’t found any pics- this would be a great place to drop some if anyone has anything!

IMG_20240208_143541.jpg

From what Ive seen, the HNL lever orients this way, however, the flat part of the shaft is on the opposite side of what it needs to be for the set screw. What's up with that, has anyone else seen this? Should I just rig it up with the stock lever pictured?

View attachment 3553553
From what Ive seen, the HNL lever orients this way, however, the flat part of the shaft is on the opposite side of what it needs to be for the set screw. What's up with that, has anyone else seen this? Should I just rig it up with the stock lever pictured?
You’re 90 degrees off. Rotate it clockwise. …….

Edit: thanks to Georg for the call, turns out I had a vacuum shift lever thing in my non-vacuum case. I didn't know they had different parts, or how my used case ended up with that one, but things are making sense now.

Thanks for the reply. From what I've seen in this thread, it seems like the shaft in mine is off 90 degrees. Even if I shift it, I cant get it to rotate much at all to look like the other pictures (mine is at the bottom, the flat face of the shaft is more parallel to the length of the transmission, where the first 2 are perpendicular)

PXL_20240210_065203682.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. From what I've seen in this thread, it seems like the shaft in mine is off 90 degrees. Even if I shift it, I cant get it to rotate much at all to look like the other pictures (mine is at the bottom, the flat face of the shaft is more parallel to the length of the transmission, where the first 2 are perpendicular)
View attachment 3555108
Send me a message with your info and I’ll give you a call. Let’s get this figured out.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers

Guys if you need a new shift late to reflect this upgrade I have them. I’m in classifieds I have almost every drive train you can imagine. Here is where the 4 speed twin sticks are:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom