More Storage for the armrest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
rob.red
Because I could. Please discuss.

2016-08-30-17.03.05.jpg

Maybe for an FJ40... but I got a whole lotta space to fill before giving up that armrest.

But who uses the center console for an armrest when you have a dedicated adjustable one? I actually like the idea!

Neh. It would annoy me with my arm always rubbing against it and it could possibly grab the attention of thieves.

Ye have little faith...

1 - The bag is a tear away. Comes off in 1 second. Mount pad stays behind. Thieves can suck it!

2 - No storage is lost in the OEM locations. Mine are both full. You can open the lids on the OE locations as normal.

3 - Plenty of room to use the seat mounted arm rest. Now you dont have to look at the disgustingly dirty leather of the center arm rest.

4 - It is not a tank bag from a Motorcycle. It is a custom fit storage solution for the 100 series.

Internally various mesh pockets around the walls. Under side of "lid" has full velcro pad plus elastic loops to hold pens, flashlight etc. External has various mesh pockets and in particular the front one (closest to the shifter will fit an iPhone 6 plus or Samy Note. Main compartment easily holds a pistol and spare mags or 4 cans of Pringles.

Predictable, cops, kiddos, everybody is going to find them there, maybe even looking for diapers...;)

Play a little "Taxi driver" just with the skinny arm rest and have a fully operational MP-5 with the Silencer and the tail stock ready for action in the less than two second and then that is something (oh at least two full mags.)

Cool. When I'm in full-on camping mode I always have lots of stuff littering the areas up front. Extra storage is a nifty idea.

Predictable, cops, kiddos, everybody is going to find them there, maybe even looking for diapers...;)

Play a little "Taxi driver" just with the skinny arm rest and have a fully operational MP-5 with the Silencer and the tail stock ready for action in the less than two second and then that is something (oh at least two full mags.)

I'm playing to the Mud vanity with the 1911 in the bag - I normally keep my Pringles in there. In CA we get no carry or conceal privileges.

Cool. When I'm in full-on camping mode I always have lots of stuff littering the areas up front. Extra storage is a nifty idea.

This is exactly the concept. I hate s*** rolling around.

My OEM spots have gear mounted.... bottom section has controller for battery system and Equalizer for my ipad powered stereo. Top section has rechargeable Pelican and Victorinox rescue tool.

I wanted accessible and quickly removable - again for my Pringles not guns :)

file.php

I like that it looks well done and is a no compromise customization for what YOU want, I like those kinds of solutions in general. Definitely not for me (though it could keep cold kid feet off my elbow on road trips?). I'm not sure you'll be able to draw your pringles fast enough in an emergency though. Nice build overall.

My "fast access" items are more in the sunglasses, Chapstick and Altoids camp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom