Builds My '78 FJ40 "44" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good looking photos Danny. She has come a long way and is looking good!

Yesterday, I installed the accessory breaker and fusebox and ran some wires.

Today, I hooked up my front, back and side offroad lights, each to their own circuit in the fusebox.

A while back, I modified my carb cooling fan, so it would fit next to my snorkel, and reinstalled it to always be on, when the ignition is on. Today, I added a switch, so I can shut it off, if I feel the need.

The only other thing I'd like to get done before my surgery is the Oil Pressure Safety Switch... I planned to wire it today, but I can't take anything (pre-surgery) and simply started hurting too much. I'm laying on my heating pad right now.

I'll wire it in the morning and try to remember to take some pictures.

Then, I need to give the garage floor a good scrubbing and put all my tools up for a while.

Danny is the oil pressure safety switch stock are something that you added?

I've added it with my electric fuel pumps. To shut them down in the event of an engine failure... Crash or whatever... Don't want the electric fuel pumps to keep pumping

When I removed the heater blower, I bolted s piece on 1/5" luan over the remaining firewall holes.

i figured I could add the breaker to the firewall side and the fuse box to the passenger side and drill wire-access holes thru it, rather than thru the firewall.

Here's the breaker and the fuse box ... Sans fuse box cover

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks great Danny job well done!

So with this set up you have constant power even with the ignition off?

It looks great Danny job well done!

Yep - for the offroad lights (three circuits) - I'll also wire my compressor to a 4th circuit, via a switch and a USB charging station to a fifth circuit, via a switch. The USB charging device has a light to indicate it's on... I have never drawn my battery down with this device... but, I carry a jumpbox anyway.

But, the other circuits will have to wait a while.

I also still have a few no-longer-used wires to remove from under the hood... I may get that done tomorrow...

Good luck Danny and God's speed recovery! Take all the pain meds and be sure to eat lots of dates to keep you regular post surgery.:hillbilly:

Rig looks great, you did a nice job. I know all will go well with surgery, and you'll be good to go before you know it.

Rig looks great, you did a nice job. I know all will go well with surgery, and you'll be good to go before you know it.

Thanks Nolen!!

I visited with the surgeon's PA today and preregistered at the hospital... I go in at 9am, surgery scheduled for 11am... could move up... could be delayed... actual procedure takes about an hour, but, I'll be inpatient until late Wed afternoon.

But, the PA told us today that I am not to do anything that involves bouncing around, for the next three months... so, any off road activity is out... I'll be able to drive 44, in one hour periods with 10 minute rest periods, after the first month... but, that means Dianna has to be convinced... may be an impossibility.

But, realistically, I need to be very careful not to do anything that degrades the ability to fuse the vertebrae... so, that means "be very careful" and "be very patient"... and "be very prudent"... which does not come naturally to me... so, it sounds like this fall will be comprised of resting and walking, resting and walking... slowing increasing distance and duration... and a lot of reading.

Oh well, as long as I come out of this with the ability to be fairly whole again and work my way back to my level of fitness and activity...

Danny

I guess GLWS is now an appropriate acronym outside the classifieds section!

And if Dianna is like my wife, she won't mind being on top for a while!:bounce:

Seriously, best of luck. Tina and I will be out to LV around New Years. Of course, if this cross country rally doesn't fizzle out like a 'group buy', I might see you sooner.;)

Danny

I guess GLWS is now an appropriate acronym outside the classifieds section!

And if Dianna is like my wife, she won't mind being on top for a while!:bounce:

Seriously, best of luck. Tina and I will be out to LV around New Years. Of course, if this cross country rally doesn't fizzle out like a 'group buy', I might see you sooner.;)

Thanks Mark!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom