Builds My '78 FJ40 "44" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, the pain is excruciating... But, I don't believe it's directly relatable to the surgery. I think iits an indirect result of how I was positioned for the surgical procedure. I've felt this before and I believe the sacral-iliac is out of alignment.

Anyone know an old school mechanic who'll warranty their alignment work on an old man?

Well, the pain is excruciating... But, I don't believe it's directly relatable to the surgery. I think iits an indirect result of how I was positioned for the surgical procedure. I've felt this before and I believe the sacral-iliac is out of alignment.

Anyone know an old school mechanic who'll warranty their alignment work on an old man?

It's worse when you don't have anything to distract you.

I prescribe...more MUD!!!

"Dr Don here", actually I can only go on my past experience. My physical therapist wanted me to either walk or ride a bike. Because of what you are recovering from I'd say that a bike is out for a while. Walking is therapeutic for the back, and just might help with the sacro-iliac. The sacro-iliac problem is something I am very familiar with as that was a big problem during my recovery. The therapist found that my left leg was a full inch shorter than my right because the sacro-iliac had slipped that far. I was told that the sacro-iliac joint, and the lower back, very likely would develop arthritis because of the injuries, which I think is happening now.

I'm trying to get my wife to start walking now. She recently lost her job that she had for the last seventeen years, due to fybromyalgia problems. They claimed that she was unable to properly do her job, which may have been partially true. Anyway, if at all possible, start a regimen of working into daily walking.

Don

"Dr Don here", actually I can only go on my past experience. My physical therapist wanted me to either walk or ride a bike. Because of what you are recovering from I'd say that a bike is out for a while. Walking is therapeutic for the back, and just might help with the sacro-iliac. The sacro-iliac problem is something I am very familiar with as that was a big problem during my recovery. The therapist found that my left leg was a full inch shorter than my right because the sacro-iliac had slipped that far. I was told that the sacro-iliac joint, and the lower back, very likely would develop arthritis because of the injuries, which I think is happening now.

I'm trying to get my wife to start walking now. She recently lost her job that she had for the last seventeen years, due to fybromyalgia problems. They claimed that she was unable to properly do her job, which may have been partially true. Anyway, if at all possible, start a regimen of working into daily walking.

Don

I'm very sorry to hear of your wife's job loss and health issues, Don.

I was sent home,, from the hospital, with instructions to 'walk regularly'... within 24 hours, those instructions changed to "walk in the house regularly"... within 36 hours, I was instructed to "walk as little as possible until the pain subsides".

Today, I can barely get out the bed, or out of a chair... I'm overcome by severe left leg sciatica... the worst pain I've ever encountered.

I don't believe it's directly surgery-related... but, it's definitely indirectly related to the surgery... probably to the position they placed me in for the surgery.

I look at myself in the mirror and see my left pelvic bone is about an inch higher than the right... I see the Dr tomorrow and am pretty sure this will resolve itself while I'm sitting in the waiting room, waiting to see the doctor...

Regardless, he's going to do something to make me better... I'm leaning toward euthanasia...

Euthenasia is pretty harsh.

Try amnesia first, so you forget it's you that's hurting.

If that doesn't work, maybe a lobotomy. Once you've been de-sensitized, you can go into retail sales, telemarketing, or even ...dread the word, politics!

I hope it doesn't hurt to laugh.

Last edited:
Euthenasia is pretty harsh.

Try amnesia first, so you forget it's you that's hurting.

If that doesn't work,cmaybe a lobotomy. Once you've been de-sensitized, you can go into retail sales, telemarketing, or even ...dread the word, politics!

I hope it doesn't hurt to laugh.

Nope, doesn't hurt to laugh... Bring it!!

Nurse asked me, the other night, "have you seen the movie, Constipation?"

I said "no".

She said, "It hasn't come out yet". :rimshot:

I'm almost 100% sure that Dianna will wheel me into the Dr's office tomorrow and he will tap me on the shoulder and say, "rise" and I will... And the pain will be gone and(miracle) I will be cured... And the surgeon's ego will climb another notch... I can live with that!!

:cheers:

I am sorry your hurting Danny. I am not a doctor but my guess is it's inflammation brought on from the surgery. Ask your doctor tomorrow when you see him if a shot Toradol is a option for you.i ts a nonsteroid anti-inflammation medicine.i had hurt my back really bad and I could barely move with out extreme pain.my doctor gave me a shot of that and I swear I was like a miracle drug.i still hurt but I could function. Now the bad thing is that drug is not for everyone and it could have some bad side effects. But at least it's something you can ask you doctor about. I hope you get to feeling better soon .
Robert.

Well, I wasn't entirely correct... Dianna wheeled me into the surgeon's office and I couldn't get out of the chair... the pain was unbearable.

But, I was correct about everything else... I knew the surgeon had caused my sacrum to fall out of alignment... (my left pelvic bone is one inch" lower than the right pelvic bone)... seems I have Cruiser Lean...

I also knew the Dr had pissed off my sciatic nerve... the Dr said, "I've pissed off your sciatic nerve, we have to make it happy again".

I asked, "How we can do that when I can't even get up?".

He said, "we'll start you on a heavy steroid regimen and taper it off over 7 days".

I asked, "Are you gonna lay at the foot of my bed and let me put my bare feet on your bare belly, to draw out the pain?".

He said, "No, but, I'll swap your Oxycodone (Norco) for Hydrocodone (Percaset). It's much stronger".

I asked how long I would have to deal with the pain... he thinks it will be much diminished by Monday.

So, I agreed to his proposal and we drove home... and I crawled into the house and ordered a new 4x4... it should be here Friday... and I may be able to stand up, to use it, by then as well.

817EhBLsWDL._SX522_.jpg

Welcome back Danny!

I feel your pain bro but just hang in there with the pain meds, and as I mentioned to you before, eat lots of dates they help with the BM.

I had a lower lumbar fusion on L5~S1 with a double decompression and also a bone graft back in 2007, post surgery was traumatic for me between the pain and BM issues I became very cranky, fortunately it only lasted for about a month. Now I have a six inch incision that looks like a zipper, so if another surgery is needed in the future it will be easy for them to unzip me in order to get in there again.

Any way hang in there Bud!

Mike

Welcome back Danny!

I feel your pain bro but just hang in there with the pain meds, and as I mentioned to you before, eat lots of dates they help with the BM.

I had a lower lumbar fusion on L5~S1 with a double decompression and also a bone graft back in 2007, post surgery was traumatic for me between the pain and BM issues I became very cranky, fortunately it only lasted for about a month. Now I have a six inch incision that looks like a zipper, so if another surgery is needed in the future it will be easy for them to unzip me in order to get in there again.

Any way hang in there Bud!

Mike

Thanks Mike!!

The steroids are supposed to make me irritable... Dianna told the Dr, "he's an a****** on steroids"... I was quite taken aback!!

But, I recovered and pointed out that, since I'm always irritated about something nowadays, maybe the steroids will make me lovable... she ain't buyin'...

Thanks Robert (@CarDude)!! I received this after I had seen the Dr... if the new plan goes awry, I'll be sure to ask about Torodol

I was on morphine while in the hospital for five days and on Percocet while at home and it worked like a charm, I was lost in space the whole time while spookily hearing my heart beat loud and clear and my blood rushing through my arteries, real spooky!

Last edited:
I was on morphine while in the hospital for five days and on Percocet while at home and it worked like a charm, I was lost in space the whole time while spookily hearing my heart beat loud and clear and my blood rushing through my arteries, real spooky!

I heard a great quantum physics presentation last night, but was surprised to find out it was me presenting,,,

I heard a great quantum physics presentation last night, but was surprised to find out it was me presenting,,,
Haha! I hear you brother, was it spooky for you?

There's always Demerol. I was ready to walk back out of the hospital with a still-ruptured pancreas after a shot of that stuff.

Today, I can barely get out the bed, or out of a chair... I'm overcome by severe left leg sciatica... the worst pain I've ever encountered.

I don't believe it's directly surgery-related... but, it's definitely indirectly related to the surgery... probably to the position they placed me in for the surgery.

I look at myself in the mirror and see my left pelvic bone is about an inch higher than the right... I see the Dr tomorrow and am pretty sure this will resolve itself while I'm sitting in the waiting room, waiting to see the doctor...

Regardless, he's going to do something to make me better... I'm leaning toward euthanasia...

Believe me, I can FULLY understand the pain you are dealing with. The evening after I hurt my back I finally got to the point where I couldn't take the pain any longer and told my wife I needed to go to the ER. The ONLY way I could get out of the house and to the car was to lean on my son on one side of me, and use a 1X6 as a crutch on the other side. Every step was very PAINFUL. It took TWO rounds of whatever pain meds the ER Dr shot me up with to get the pain under control.

Are you sure of your spelling? Isn't it spelled youth-in-asia?

I can see that 44 is going to be very lonely for a while.

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom