I swear I searched, lockers BJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have a look - watch the video, have fun. Harrop Eaton ELocker.

Assuming you have the good 'ol 9.5 diff and full float in rear, the A9378 unit fits both ends.

We sell wholesale but will hook u up. :)

Here is my 73 playing on rock pile with Harrops at both ends.

73 rocks.png

And here is the dual-locker OEM switch as retro-fit into the beast.

dual locker switch.jpg

...and some of the advantages of you kit please

No compressor
No air lines
Immediate activation
Simple, durable, robust

I use a PowerTank CO2 for tire and tool air, so no compressor needed or wanted.

They are not cheap, but total cost compares well with ARB (no compressor, easier install).

PM me after you check em out.

Good luck, have fun! :cheers:

For the ARB application, you will need to determine your rear axle type. Assuming you have a full-float rear axle, you would use the RD142 in the front and rear. Assuming you have a semi-float rear axle (not super common but certainly found on BJ7x's) you would use the RD153. You'll find those part numbers here: Cruiser Outfitters

Air Lockers:
Retail Price $1192.50 Your Cost $940.50 each

4x/5x/6x/7x/8x (Semi-Float Rear Axle)
(Can also be used in 4x/5x/6x/7x Front Axle)
Part# ARB RD153

4x/5x/6x/7x/8x (Full-Float Rear Axle)
Part# ARB RD142

4x/5x/6x/7x/8x (Full-Float Front Axle)
Part# ARB RD142

"Kit" is subjective as there are so many different ways and levels of overhaul to perform the install. For example you have to pull the 3rd members out on any full carrier replacement, so do you rebuild the axles themselves while you have the shafts out? What about new bearings, seals and gaskets for your axle? Then you have Air Locker options too, 3 different compressors depending on your want/need. Best bet is to give a Cruiser shop a call and discuss your Cruiser and let them help you hone in on your needs. In the meantime this might be helpful too:
Cruiser Outfitters
Cruiser Outfitters

Generally for a standard F/R ARB Air Locker install you will need:

2 Lockers
1 Air Compressor (they offer compact, medium, twin in both 12V and 24V which is popular for non-US applications)
2 Differential/R&P Install Kits (but you don't have to touch pinion bearings, again options)
2 Differential Gaskets
Gaskets/Seals to re-assembly axle

Air Lockers engage quickly, super strong (not Dana 30 internals ;)), and supported both in parts and customer service around the world should you have a need. There is a reason groups like Artic Trucks (driving to the North and South Pole), Expeditions7, desert racers and King of the Hammer champions choose the Air Locker, it's proven!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom