RS3000 help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What does it mean if the LED starts blinking?

I push AND HOLD the green button, push a button on the remote, reach for the key to turn ignition back off, and notice the LED is blinking....

???

The blinking (temporary, will stop after a few seconds) indicates that the ECU is in the programming mode and is ready to accept a new frequency.

Thank you! Yesterday, using the advice on this thread, I was able to successfully mate a remote to the RS3000 and now I have remote controlled door locks. Without MUD, I would have never known my LC, which came with one set of keys and no hint of remote controlled locks from the PO, had this capability. It took a few tries, but the remote now operates all four door locks. Next, to tackle the rear hatch lock! Thanks again! :)

so i got a new remote for my lx450 (thanks @beno!) and i am trying to program it. i am stuck at the start. when i press the green button, no security light comes on that i can tell. any ideas?

welp, i am half a dummy. getting the light out of direct texas sunlights helps to see if its on. nevermind!

Franken-thread alert. Bringing this back from the dead. I'm also striking out programming remotes. Tried both the black and the gray. Need advise as to what's normal. I turn key to on, press green button on the side of the RS3000 box under drivers seat, see "Security" LED illuminate, (within 5 seconds) press the remote button for a few seconds, then release. Red LED turns off and I shut off the key. Nothing. Nada. No chirp or flash.

When I tried to clear the codes the first time, I did get a series of chirps, but all the dash lights flashed also, not just the headlights. Even the radio flashed. Normal? Now back to square one where I get ECU into programming mode, but won't accept codes. And if I repeat the clear-code process, I get zero response.

IH8RS3000

Funny. I'm trying to do this right now. So after reading this I decide to go out at 10:00 at night and give it another shot. Well I don't know what just happened but my horn starting honking beep beep beep beeeeep. Over and over .... key was removed. Then jumped in and started it still beeping. Popped the hood to pull battery and couldn't see. Now the entire neighborhood is awake. Waiting for cops to arrive when it randomly stops honking. Wtf! Not touching anything till normal hours

Funny. I'm trying to do this right now. So after reading this I decide to go out at 10:00 at night and give it another shot. Well I don't know what just happened but my horn starting honking beep beep beep beeeeep. Over and over .... key was removed. Then jumped in and started it still beeping. Popped the hood to pull battery and couldn't see. Now the entire neighborhood is awake. Waiting for cops to arrive when it randomly stops honking. Wtf! Not touching anything till normal hours
Sounds like an adventure. I've tried all combinations. No luck. I've come to the conclusion the my RS3000 ECU likely fried itself when I tried to reprogram it. Giving it was probably the first time it had done anything in over ten years, it probably just crapped itself.

I was having issues with the door locks not being activayed by the FOB.

Now resolved. The FOB was being progeammed and I was able to switch modes i.e. valet, and auto Arm Alarm...etc. but no door locks.

I tried the programming with all doors closed and pressing the fob button for 3 seconds and it worked perfectly.

Thanks a lot for those ideas.

Happy here!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom