My heater valve just fell apart on my 80, ..go check yours (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You guys are wizards, 1 mile from home this afternoon and I loose mine! Thankfully had a new one in a box of parts the PO gave me...the end stubs fell apart

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This appears to be more prevalent on 95-97 than on the 93-94. The part number changed in 95 and I sold a significantly larger number of the later valve. 87240-60140 for 93-94 and 87240-60170 for 95-97.

This appears to be more prevalent on 95-97 than on the 93-94. The part number changed in 95 and I sold a significantly larger number of the later valve. 87240 60140 for 93-94 and 87240-60170 for 95-97.
Interesting.

Check the valve by blowing in one end.
Someone said the old ones all leak and sure enough mine leaked.
I found an OEM for about $50.

Yep. $86 for a new one sounds like so much. But truthfully I think it is money well spent on not being stuck on the side of the road.

Originally I carried around a section of copper pipe that would fit if the valve failed. Then I realized I would be replacing the valve on the side of the road at the worse possible time. In a down poor when I am late for a job interview.

Really. Avoiding that type of problems and stress in my life is worth $80.

I think I paid less than $10 for an aftermarket one.. It looked as far as quality and strength pretty good.. I usually go Toyota for most things but this is just a little diverter valve. Also if Tools said he's had good luck with aftermarket.. Then I'd go with the cheapo.

The OE is plastic, have run a bunch of aftermarket ones with good success.

I had bad experience with the 4 season one... Lasted a week!!!

"This appears to be more prevalent on 95-97 than on the 93-94. The part number changed in 95 and I sold a significantly larger number of the later valve. 87240-60140 for 93-94 and 87240-60170 for 95-97."

Anyone know the differences between these two parts, same internal design, bolt up the same, interchangeable between years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom