Big Brakes - 14 Inch Rotors Wilwood Calipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hear, sorry it's late
I have the booster and master already and a bunch of hydroboost mounting plates. should be able to do it without too much trouble. I will be running a stock gm p series pump when I do the engine swap.

Put me down for either style kit .

Last edited:
I currently have different components with different machine shops getting bids. I'm not pushing it because I've got enough on my plate right now.

No Toyota or lexus has ever had superb brakes ever! Toyota brakes just plain suck! Besides the brakes and smallish seats, can't fault Toyota! Well maybe the head gasket issues here and there!

The overheating issue was because of something I can't mention on mud! It was not toyotas fault!

Crappy seats, crappy head gasket issues, s***tttttiiieeesssst brakes, and the PHH!!! Almost a deal breaker...... Still rather have to deal with all the issues than drive a Chevy or dodge!

The overheating issue was because of something I can't mention on mud! It was not toyotas fault!

Crappy seats, crappy head gasket issues, s***tttttiiieeesssst brakes, and the PHH!!! Almost a deal breaker...... Still rather have to deal with all the issues than drive a Chevy or dodge!

You're getting a Wrangler, so your misery days are numbered.

Something you can't mention on mud? :hmm:

Clearly you haven't been in Chit Chat.
Just about everything on this Universe was mentioned there.

I'm not white and being that there are a lot of things we are not allowed to say!

That's funny. Mud got politically correct without my knowledge.

There isn't a whole lot I haven't said here. :idea: PM me and I'll say it for you hahahaha

You never know who is watching! Just because I said this I might get a cavity search on my next flight out!

image.png
Just like this guy there is always someone watching!

You're fine as long as you aren't wearing a bikini...and a woman.

And smoking HOT! Still don't understand why everyone couldn't just chill and enjoy the show? :hmm: Now we're back to the days of looking at male Iowan selfies :(

No mentioning of "its!" Dragos80

Are 18" wheels mandatory for this, or is it possible for 17's to work/clear caliper?

17's I'm thinking are that SCS wheel - only reason I care to go 17 is to help the brakes, so is the +1" of wheel going to open up any major brake improvement?

With that 17" SCS wheel thread, trying to figure out a realistic budget to improve brakes, but not go any bigger than a 17 for the sake of keeping sidewall.

If these don't clear the SCS 17's maybe coming up with a setup that does will be more attractive here both in functionality for keeping sidewall height, and possibly slightly less $$$ - seems 17" tires are slightly less than a 18" varient too.

Are 18" wheels mandatory for this, or is it possible for 17's to work/clear caliper?

17's I'm thinking are that SCS wheel - only reason I care to go 17 is to help the brakes, so is the +1" of wheel going to open up any major brake improvement?

With that 17" SCS wheel thread, trying to figure out a realistic budget to improve brakes, but not go any bigger than a 17 for the sake of keeping sidewall.

If these don't clear the SCS 17's maybe coming up with a setup that does will be more attractive here both in functionality for keeping sidewall height, and possibly slightly less $$$ - seems 17" tires are slightly less than a 18" varient too.

I found a guideline on Stoptech's website and it stated that generally, a 17" wheel will fit a 13" rotor, and it takes an 18" wheel for the 14" rotor. That SCS wheel option would be nice but it would take a smaller brake kit to work. I was wondering the same thing, kind of a bummer as a dedicated wheel for the 80 that also supports big brakes would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom