Mountain Bikes - show/tell me how you lug yours around! (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The toys have always gone on top for us. We've run various configurations over the decades and never had a failure.

I have found removing the front wheel eliminates any shaking or movement during transport on/off-road. You just have to be aware of any low hanging trees ;)

DSC02278.jpg
PA080965.jpg
DSC04000.jpg

Last edited:
Scored a Thule T2 and was able to get it to clear the spare by flipping the higher tray arm to the underside of the main swing arm thing. And removing a small amount of the wheel cradle with a hacksaw.
image.jpeg

While nice @dubyahard I would be concerned with how high the mount puts the front of the bike up. Wonder if you could cut the mount down and reweld so that it is closer to the top of the tray/rack.

While nice @dubyahard I would be concerned with how high the mount puts the front of the bike up. Wonder if you could cut the mount down and reweld so that it is closer to the top of the tray/rack.

Good point. I think that there is enough space and strength that I could put it on one of the sides of the t-slotted framing if it becomes a problem.
upload_2016-9-8_15-54-32.png

Do you know if it is aluminum or steel? Could be just a simple cut and weld if its steel. I currently run the Kuat Trio and have to say that things is quite badass... been through multiple trips to Tahoe and to Northern CO without an issue or hiccup.

Well, my wife surprised me with an early anniversary gift... now if have to find a trailer hitch mount to carry the bikes. 1st world problems
CVT.jpg

This is mine - the brand is 'Seasucker' which is designed to be suction mounted. I made up a simple aluminium plate base for it to suit my Rhino Platform roof rack... I just have to remind myself to not go through a drive-through when it is up there!!...

IMG_2673.JPG

50110944824__25188530-965F-4163-9079-AF3E4E4A086E.JPG
Well, my wife surprised me with an early anniversary gift... now if have to find a trailer hitch mount to carry the bikes. 1st world problemsView attachment 1320530

It light be hard to tell here with out the actual bikes on it. I have two bikes trays mounted ahead of the tent. They are fork mounts and I have the bikes riding backwards the rear tires do hang out over the windshield some. It works great.

Scored a Thule T2 and was able to get it to clear the spare by flipping the higher tray arm to the underside of the main swing arm thing. And removing a small amount of the wheel cradle with a hacksaw.
View attachment 1278154

The T2 has had issues with the mount sliding off the bar while moving leaving your bike bouncing down a freeway. Hard to tell from the pic but it looks like your rear rack could fly off with very little movement. I used the expansion hole to put in a bolt to prevent this from happening, you may want to do the same.

I have never had any issue with either tray sliding back, but apparently it has happened multiple times.

I do love the T2 rack though. Never any issues after 7 years on my vehicles 3 seasons a year. I like that each bike has two locks for a thief to get through plus I use a cable to attach to my hitch. I'd still never leave bikes very long, but it gives me piece of mind at rest stops, etc., when on road trips.

Last edited:
Paniteno, dude you have issues...

Can ya post a pic please?

He prob means your new "real" truck.
Oh not to much to show a Lc100 with a insane multi use roof rack that so far is not finish (we moved plus my back is really mess up..)

What can I say I have a fetishes for ''tour de france" team cars with 15 bikes on the top they are so sexy and efficient..

The whole rack is made of 80-20 extrusion plus some bicycle parts for good measure, more a jungle gym for our girls but with focus on utylity..
IMG_9068-XL.jpg

I used to be 6.2' now I'm 6.1' after the fusions but the truck still pretty tall to load bikes, so I came up with the silly idea of loading them diagonally and then lift them to flat..
IMG_8645-XL.jpg

This is the upright ''fence'' using el cheppo downhil stems and crazy expensive but super cheap cannondale lefty stems..
IMG_8596-X3.jpg

Did I mention CHEAP....?
IMG_8634-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Just the 'real' truck. Bike racks don't 'move' me.

Just the 'real' truck. Bike racks don't 'move' me.
Living in San Francisco she was my aircraft carrier from almost two decades (lane splitting is the bomb)
IMG_7830-X3.jpg

Put tons and tons of miles on this bike (did just t know w how they drive a car until 8years ago)

Carry all my ever need for two sometime a few more weeks including bike spares
IMG_0227.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom