What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Post install pic.

fcp.jpg

- Oil & filter change
- 5-tire rotation
- Colorado salt & rust removal
- black rattle can touch up
- two bucket car wash

20160423_090547.jpg

I got about 4 inches of lift compared to stock. Same bfg tires on both measurements. There is a lean to the right, so maybe once I get the truck level it'll be more like 3 inches. I'm gonna try mscruiser's method to level it.

Plasti dipped the wheels, a matte grey color. Already has some chips the finish due to the techs working on my truck. No biggie though. Easy to repaint.

With the new suspension I'm thinking about going to a wheel with some offset and a little bigger tire. We shall see.

New battery for the 2016 wheeling season!

Old Panasonic battery that came with the truck when new 4 years ago:

LC200BattInstall1_25APR16_zpshqilqkx5.jpg

Nothing really wrong with it, but better safe than sorry, right?

I wanted a newer technology, high CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) capacity, AGM, Made in America, competitively priced battery with a good warranty that would fit in the stock battery location with no modifications.

A search of old threads and the internet led me to this one:

LC200BattInstall3_25APR16_zpse2pbsk3t.jpg

You can find where I purchased it for $282.99 here: Northstar Battery NSB-AGM 27F

The battery maintainer required specs are a perfect match for my CTEK Multi US 7002:

LC200BattInstall4_25APR16_zpsycrarbcp.jpg

And it fits perfectly in the stock location with stock mounting hardware:

LC200BattInstall5_25APR16_zpsvdhvahdf.jpg

It's not quite as high capacity as the Group 31 batteries discussed on here, but it's also a lot easier to install.

HTH

Came across these TRD wheels in a local CL ad. I quickly scooped them up, and at a very fair price ($500). They're in great shape...just removing the rings to get them cleaned up before mounting. Based on other threads, seems like I can't go wrong with the BFG KO2s (285/70/17). I've considered the Bridgestone REVO 2 as it appears to be less aggressive (our land cruiser being a DD), but since I haven't been able to find too much input on these from other LC owners, I'm a little hesitant to go that route.

IMG_3125.JPG

Came across these TRD wheels in a local CL ad. I quickly scooped them up, and at a very fair price ($500). They're in great shape...just removing the rings to get them cleaned up before mounting. Based on other threads, seems like I can't go wrong with the BFG KO2s (285/70/17). I've considered the Bridgestone REVO 2 as it appears to be less aggressive (our land cruiser being a DD), but since I haven't been able to find too much input on these from other LC owners, I'm a little hesitant to go that route.

View attachment 1249850

My KO2's make great DD tires.
Nothing negative to say about them on the road.
Quiet, good handling and no issues.
Excellent in snow/dirt/rock.
Not terribly heavy.
Really no down side to them on-road AFAIC.

We may live close. I keep seeing a maroon 200 with a rack infact I crossed what looks like your rig this morning on S. Monroe St. in the 570.

Ha, I'm sure it was! I live in Belcaro, and I was heading to Safelite this morning on CO & Evans to get my windshield repaired - love the Rocky Mountain State and rock chips!

You must have the white 100 with RWs, too, right? Always wondered who that was! Love to grab coffee sometime, hit a trail maybe - just let me know!

Small world and yup thats my 100. Makes a nice marker parked on the side there.

Definitely up to grab some coffee, trails or hell if you ever see me out in the garage feel free to stop on by.

Sweet,What size are your KO2's, any rubbing pre lift?

275/70/18 I do believe. No rubbing after the lift. I had spidertrax spacers put on yesterday. Slight rub up front when in reverse and turning. I'll fix that this weekend.

I'm very satisfied with ride quality after installation. The spacers make the tires flush with the wheel wells, which I like the look of a lot. The cruiser looks proportionally correct now, in my eyes.

At 86k it was time to change the fluids- Front and Rear Diff, Transfer and Transmission. Went with BG synthetic fluids and a real flush with the BG transmission flush machine on the transmission. So I paid to have it done- feel good about.

I know some folks don't believe in flushing tranny- but after research and learning more about it- seems like the right thing to do.

I did the same thing (BG) to my 4Runner a few years back. When the time comes, I'll do it to the 200.

The paint looks good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom