Wiper blade replacement options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for the best replacement wiper blades for my 14 FJC...This past Friday I drove 200 miles in a snow storm and the wiper blades were the "weak link"..Ice build up was at the point of dangerous. Any help?

In the past I have tried a few brands (other rigs) but on my FJ I have been running the Toyota wiper blades since I bought it July of 2006.
They just seem to work better, and I get them changed one to two times a year.

FJ I have been running the Toyota wiper blades

I switched from the OE last year over the same issue. Flat windshield doesn't help.Thought maybe someone had developed a better blade....

I recently put on some new blades and because they didn't have all the sizes in all the styles I wound up getting one premium "beam" style blade and two regular style blades. The beam blade doesn't appear to work as well as the regular ones for some reason. These were all Rain-X brand that I picked up at the local Walmart. I've put expensive silicon blades on in the past and they just don't seem to be worth the $$. Running them in dry conditions to clear dust kicked up off a dry gravel road will kill any blades no matter what material.

I would also add a de-icing washer fluid this time of year. This past weekend I went to go find some snow in N. Georgia and had icing issues with brand new wiper blades. I had the windshield defroster running wide open and it didn't keep the windshield from icing up. Turns out that I just needed to stop and wipe down the windshield with a towel really good. The mist coming from the road contained the brine from the DOT trucks, other road dirt and combined with the windchill and sub zero air temp...it just started to gum up my blades, I guess.

after 7+ yrs I've concluded the only answer is changing them regularly especially because snow/ice beats them up good. I run "winter" blades in winter.

Living in Utah and getting a good amount of Snow this year I have found this. A good quality deicing washer fluid and have had good luck using Toyota Sight Line wiper blades. They are covered so snow and ice wont mess with the spring action of the blade and are the correct length for the FJ.

Living in the PNW we go through blades. I like the OEM blades but the Trico Neoform Beam Blades performed well when we tested them out. With any of them the trick is to stay ahead and avoid the point where they are just pushing water around rather than wiping it clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom