2016 Offical 28th Annual Rubithon thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like this may be my plan too. The all-day Friday run was too much of a chore. I wanted to sleep instead of paying the Marauder Bar the attention it deserved.
Thursday works well for those of us with limited vacation time. It's nice to break the ride into two days. Would love to have you join us, Eddy. Always good to have some experienced trail hands.

Nolen has experience with the 100 series, might hit him up for suggestions, he has seen the trail as well.

should be an epic year, looking forward to it.

Also, as I have volunteered to assist with the kid raffle, if anyone reading this thread has access to kids toys and would like to donate to the Kid raffle, please make (short) note here or contact me via PM or off line.

Thanks Eric and everyone involved with this premier event.

^^^ I think I maybe able to toss a new toy or two. I can bring them to Rubithon.

My lovely wife is willing to go to Ireland in September so we can make the Rubithon in June. It doesn't get much better.

This thread was getting too far down the list and we just can't have that!

Bump, bump!

Eric, any news on Ice Cream ? What would it take to get the Rotary crew ?
I haven't thought of it. I will look into it. One of our own, Shannon Chard and Matt Farley have the ice cream truck at many events, but it can't make it to the Springs.

should be an epic year, looking forward to it.

Also, as I have volunteered to assist with the kid raffle, if anyone reading this thread has access to kids toys and would like to donate to the Kid raffle, please make (short) note here or contact me via PM or off line.

Thanks Eric and everyone involved with this premier event.

No, thank you for being willing to take the lead on this. Brian Flynn is working on getting stuff as we speak. Email me your new contact info, none of the info I have seems to be able to reach you.

Chairman@rubithon.com or call me at 530-400-0800

We are real close to having the online registration ready and hope to have it up by this weekend. We are rolling it out this year using the platform provided by TLCA. We would love to have feedback on what you think and how to make it better, so if you have input, email me at chairman@rubithon.com.

Also, we are looking for some help this year with the raffle. Joel Moranton will be able to organize things at the event, but with his work on 2 different magazines amongst other things, is having a hard time getting emails out. I was trying to help with this, but I too can't seem to make it happen in a timely fashion.

We have the contact info, just need help finding someone that can email and follow up with them as we go along. Last year we had all donations sent to my home and that seemed to work well, so it won’t impact space at your house. If you can help us, email me or give me a shout at 530-401-0800. We need to work on this ASAP!

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Happy to say the online registration is all set up. Follow the link to access either the printable mail in version or the online version. Rubithon Registration | The Official Toyota Land Cruiser Association Annual Event

If you are a Lead or Committee person, contact me and I will mail you the proper link. The version on the Rubithon site is not for committee volunteers.

Thanks for your patients and an especially huge thank you to Karie Farr for all the work in putting this together for us. This year we are the Guinea Pig so that other TLCA events can use the system.

Eric

Just registered and paid. Thank you Eric. Looking forward to another epic and safe year on the wagon run.

I won't be at the event this year. It'll be the first time in almost 20 years ......

Have a great time everybody.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

I'm still working on the updates to the registration confirmation. Until then, I will send you an email to let you know the registration and payment was received.
Eric

@jmylie

Glad you're coming out. No official camp, but there is a campground about 1/4 mile before the #2 dam on your way into the Loon Lake start. The #2 dam is right at the start, with the staging area just below the dam. You'll see it. It's probably best to stay at that loon camp. The wagons roll at 8am sharp, so staying nearby is good.

You can generally reach someone on the run (and myself and Rick) on 146.460 or 146.400. Rick gets to make the call on the official run frequency, but likely 146.400 unless that frequency is already in heavy use.

We used to gather the wagons Tuesday night just past the spillway start, but it's been made off limits, so we don't stay there any longer. It always made for a fun but surprisingly cold camp.

We will be running the same drawing this year. Each month, we will draw a name from all registered participants. The winner will get an extra grand prize ticket. Once entered, you're in the running every month through the end of May. So get those registrations in!

Also, we are still in need of someone to help us with the raffle this year. Don’t be afraid, it really isn’t that bad! And your registration is covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom