2016 Offical 28th Annual Rubithon thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bad Coco

GOLD Star
Threads
Just wanted to put this out so everyone will have the dates for the 2016 event. This year's Rubithon will be from June 21st - June 26th. We have all the organized trail runs figured out and currently working on getting the online registration built.

Many will notice that there is not the Mudrak's Double Locker run. The people that are always on that run will still be able to run with Mudrak and it will be the same as always. Just select Renegade Run and in the blank, type in Mudrak’s. That run fills up with the same awesome guys every year, so it's now its own "private" run.

I'd like to thank Desmond Caravella for being willing to step in again this year and leading another "Hard Core" run, like Mudrak's, to allow others to test their vehicle against all the difficult lines the Rubicon offers. Desmond is an extremely capable wheeler and mechanic. If you like to play….. This is your run! A new run as been added named the Family Run. It will be led by Brian Flynn and Jason Winkle and is geared toward families with small children. It will be taking off from Tahoma and has activities planned along the way in to the Springs including a BBQ lunch at Observation, Geo Cache searches and more.

Many of the favorite events will be back this year including the Rock Chef competition, the Marauder Bar, the wine tasting to support the Rubicon Trail Foundation, the RC competition, a horseshoe tournament and the main raffle. Along with these favorites, we will be having stuff for the kiddos. There will be a raffle for all the kids ages 3-12, so please indicate on the form how many children, sex and age brackets. It will help us make sure that all the kids get a prize. Also for the Children, there will be a movie shown.

As soon as the registration is complete I will add the location to this thread and pin it to the top.

Now get out there and get those rigs ready to go!

You can also find info on Rock Chef IV here:
Rock Chef IV

Here's the link to register: Rubithon Registration | The Official Toyota Land Cruiser Association Annual Event

Last edited:
'Been waiting for this announcement!

We're IN for the Wagon Run fun! Had a great time last year, met great people and learned some trail tips!

Thanks Eric!

Last edited:
Land Cruiser North West will be back. Had a great time last year!

Sent from my SM-G900P

How's it been Anthony? You bringing your crew?

See you in June...

- John

Uncle's doing great. Working on his rig, he's hoping to drive it this time!

We’ll be there!

Yippee! Can't wait. Maybe we'll have some snow hanging around into June, if we're lucky.

Yippee! Can't wait. Maybe we'll have some snow hanging around into June, if we're lucky.

Maybe. 2010 was big snow drifts on the top of Cadillac. I winched out of there! That snow was deep-like 20 feet-in June.

Maybe. 2010 was big snow drifts on the top of Cadillac. I winched out of there! That snow was deep-like 20 feet-in June.

Well, maybe just enough to be fun.
On a side note - on the 4th of July weekend, 1983, about a dozen of us were first through and spent two long days getting from Cadillac to Tahoma. Oh, the memories!

I know eyebrows will be raised on the capability of a Hundy on trails like the Con. I've read the thread on the 100 series section and we've doing a lot of R&D. A good friend was challenged by it. He's got front bumper, skid plates and sliders already.

So, we are working on his '06 Hundy. I spoke to Luke and getting a rear swingout from him, front and rear lockers will be purchased in FEB. Now its a question of deleting the AHC, then get a lift, OR, keeping the AHC and get 35's. He only have $4500 to spare so we're streatching the $$$ as far as we can...

Obviously, if it pushes through, he will join us on the Wagon Run. On the second thought, if it's too much hassle or if consensus here says that "we are just going to end up dragging him", then we'll think it through.

We don't want to spoil to fun.... Regardless, my 80 is going and my friend will just end up taking pictures of us instead!

Last edited:
I know eyebrows will be raised on the capability of a Hundy on trails like the Con. I've read the thread on the 100 section and we've doing a lot of R&D. A good friend was challenged by it. He's got front bumper, skid plates and sliders already.

So, we are working on his '06 Hundy. I spoke to Luke and getting a rear swingout from him, front and rear lockers will be purchased in FEB. Now its a question of deleting the AHC, then get a lift, OR, keeping the AHC and get 35's. He only have $4500 to spare so we're streatching the $$$ as far as we can...

Obviously, if it pushes through, he will join us on the Wagon Run. On the second thought, if it's too much hassle or if consensus here says that "we are just going to end up dragging him", then we'll think it through.

We don't want to spoil to fun.... Regardless, my 80 is going and my friend will just end up taking pictures of us instead!

I have no exp. with those vehicles so will leave to others to chime in. I would ask that maybe you start another thread or go PM on this because I would rather not fill this thread up with this type of discussion, especially a non Toyota.

Contact the Lead, Rick Cortez (can find contact info in the Contacts Tab on www.rubithon.com and see how he feels about it. One thing to remember this is a Toyota run. While we do allow Jeeps, buggies and other makes of vehicles join us, no one will have the spare parts that he needs, so he will need to bring all failure prone items and any special tools he may need. Also, he will have to join TLCA to attend.

Hey Eric, the Hundy is a 100 Series Toyota Land Cruiser.

Hey Eric, the Hundy is a 100 Series Toyota Land Cruiser.

Beat me to it... He is a TLCA member, just not a 'mud-er...

Regardless, I will PM Rick...

Last edited:
Glad to see these dates and that I don't have to make my daughter change the dates on her wedding!!!!!

Myself and son @JohnnyOshow22 will be back in our 60 and 80, and this year my other son @justintpryor is going to be able to join in his 80. Thanks in advance to everyone who organizes the event and leads the runs!!!

Looking forward to Rubithon. we will driving the 80 and helping Pete with the Thursday breakfast run.

Dates are noted...trying to get the shift off. Also working on getting another 100 owner involved with us...!

...via IH8MUD app

Looking forward to Rubithon. we will driving the 80 and helping Pete with the Thursday breakfast run.

Sounds like this may be my plan too. The all-day Friday run was too much of a chore. I wanted to sleep instead of paying the Marauder Bar the attention it deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom