BVSV - which one to keep (if any) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gcrump01

SILVER Star
Threads
Quick question (and I swear I searched!)

1980 FJ40 (Dec 1979 build date)

I had 3 of the BVSV valves in my thermostat housing (light blue, violet & pink). I bought the desmog kit from JimC which came with 2 plugs.

Which BVSV do I keep and where does the other end of the hose plug?

thanks

The colors are temperatures at which they open.

You could ask Jim for another plug.

Some people use one as a valve between the charcoal can and the intake, but your charcoal can should have an electric valve. You don't want to remove the evap system when you desmog. Your rig will smell like gas all the time.

Last edited:
Definitely keeping the charcoal canister & it does have some type of electric valve on it. To be installed once I have a fender to bolt it to.:bang:

I'll see about getting another plug from Jim - I really don't like looking at those old plugs.

Thanks.

Keep the BVSV for the evap system.

Shown in this pic:
8653614052_eede4cdf13_o.jpg

Thanks for that. Light blue one is still available.

I am not keeping all that metal spaghetti - 2 vac ports on the BVSV, right? So 2 vac lines coming off of it. Where do I attach the other end of each one?

The EVAP section from the link above is pretty clear. Only problem I'm having is that the vac port on the carb (valve cover side) is already used. It is a Trollhole carb and that vac port is currently running to the vac advance on the Trollhole dizzy.

I don't see another vac port on the carb - am I missing it somewhere?

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom